Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
To those Killed in Action
To those those Killed in Action posté le [11/02/2016] à 18:12

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. Before coming to HoN I did a great deal of reading into many battles and personal memoirs of soldiers killed in action and more specifically about my Great-Grandfather Henry Nichols who was killed in action on 11th March 1917 during the 1st world war.

In 2014 I went to visit my Great-Grandfather who lies in one of the many cemeteries on the Somme. To give a little bit of background info Henry was a Cornet player (rather like a Trumpet) and played in the Coventry Salvation Army Band. I was to follow in his exact footsteps except moving to an instrument called the Euphonium.

To cut a long story short those beautifully kept cemeteries had a it effect on me that I commissioned a piece of music after finishing my degree that is based around the Soldiers who now like in these gardens of peace.

I wanted to share this with all you guys so hope you all will not mind. I hope this can be a forum starter for us all to discuss our personal stories that are connected to the world wars.

Here is a link for those who would like to hear and read a little more- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4JkYoiGM4

To those those Killed in Action posté le [11/02/2016] à 23:06

Very nice. I take it that it is you playing in the video?

Member of the « Cult of the Inexisting New » – Thanks bartdevuyst

To those those Killed in Action posté le [12/02/2016] à 09:09

That is me I'm afraid. Probably sounds really strange 😉

To those those Killed in Action posté le [12/02/2016] à 17:57

Quote from Newbie1994 on [12/02/2016] à 09:09

That is me I'm afraid. Probably sounds really strange 😉

I didn't think it sounded strange at all. I think it felt and sounded nice. Well done.

I think it is good for people to express their thoughts and emotions through art and music.

To those those Killed in Action posté le [12/02/2016] à 18:31

I think music can explain things that words can't in someways. I wondered if HoN was music what it would sound like 😉

To those those Killed in Action posté le [13/02/2016] à 05:32

Quote from Newbie1994 on [12/02/2016] à 18:31

I wondered if HoN was music what it would sound like 😉

I realize this video is WWIII but ignore the visual and just listen to the music. It makes me feel like a lot of dangerous stuff is going on. So it fits for me.

To those those Killed in Action posté le [13/02/2016] à 12:20

This video is so cool. I did my degree in music and took a great interest certain periods of music. I like Jimi Hendrix Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock. Its crazy how much creates an effect.

To those those Killed in Action posté le [13/02/2016] à 12:34

That is awesome!

To those those Killed in Action posté le [19/02/2016] à 19:23

Wow thanks Clem.

To those those Killed in Action posté le [20/02/2016] à 23:23

Really beautiful Newbie!

That's the best tribute you can offer… congrats!

http://nacidoparacuriosear.blogspot.com/

To those those Killed in Action posté le [21/02/2016] à 11:38

Thank you ! It received its 2nd performance yesterday evening. But I think it is something that everyone in someway can relate to.

To those Killed in Action posté le [15/07/2020] à 22:06

I think it is good for people to express their thoughts and emotions through art and music.

To those Killed in Action posté le [09/08/2020] à 15:16

Quote from Newbie1994 on [11/02/2016] à 18:12

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. Before coming to HoN I did a great deal of reading into many battles and personal memoirs of soldiers killed in action and more specifically about my Great-Grandfather Henry Nichols who was killed in action on 11th March 1917 during the 1st world war.

In 2014 I went to visit my Great-Grandfather who lies in one of the many cemeteries on the Somme. To give a little bit of background info Henry was a Cornet player (rather like a Trumpet) and played in the Coventry Salvation Army Band. I was to follow in his exact footsteps except moving to an instrument called the Euphonium.

To cut a long story short those beautifully kept cemeteries had a it effect on me that I commissioned a piece of music after finishing my degree that is based around the Soldiers who now like in these gardens of peace.

I wanted to share this with all you guys so hope you all will not mind. I hope this can be a forum starter for us all to discuss our personal stories that are connected to the world wars.

Here is a link for those who would like to hear and read a little more- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4JkYoiGM4

Thank you for having shared with me and with all the other customers of the site your personal thoughts and history of your fighting members of your family… I also have shared here a story about my grand-uncles that fought in WW I and my grand dad which also fougth in WW II as an alpine trooper; but none contacted me afterwards thanking me for sharing those stories…

By the way… I would like to see your idea fulfilled and taken into light here in the site. It could be a very interesting stuff; the sharing of real life episodes can allow people to get more closer with each other, and limit the political quarrels… Which… In the end, brought the human beings to fight for their lives in the past wars… I find it is a positive thing to share such stories and personal feelings about them.

I agree with you and thank you again…

Farewell from Italy.

To those Killed in Action posté le [09/08/2020] à 15:17

Quote from Newbie1994 on [11/02/2016] à 18:12

Hello all,

This link or video in the link you posted is labelled as no more available (for whatever reason)… So, unfortunately, I could not watch it… Sob and sigh !!! Re-post it…

Pages : 1