Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
New expansion line announced: War Stories
New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [07/10/2020] à 11:41

Yesterday, Devil Pig Games announced a new line of expansions for their WW2 Heroes System games, called War Stories.

War Stories will be a series of smaller expansions, much like the Gazettes from before, but with a tighter focus on historical events and soldiers.

Where Gazettes where products designed for die-hard fans, War Stories will be more accessible, requiring less of the massive backlog of previously released expansions. War Stories will mostly be playable with just the core box, and the content of a War Stories issue itself, obviously.

Each issue will focus on a War Hero and will include a biography, his exploits, a dedicated scenario and one or two punchboards to integrate it into your game. The first issue will be for Heroes of Stalingrad, and focuses on Otto Carius, a German Tiger tank commander who destroyed a total of 150 enemy tanks. This issue will also include a section of T34s for the Russian forces as well as the errata of the Frontoviks from the Heroes of Stalingrad game base box. Featuring new artwork from Nicola Angius.

The second issue will feature Aleksei Fyodorovich Naumov, a Russian KV1 tank commander. This issue will also feature a German tank section.

Feel free to discuss here…

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [07/10/2020] à 19:39

this is really great news. i was hoping for more units for the russian front but the white tiger is a legend. I hope we also get this sort off expansion with airplanes and AA shooters that were special/heroes. super this!

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [08/10/2020] à 04:58

Sign me up for more Soviet units and scenarios.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [08/10/2020] à 08:16

Nice!

I really liked the Gazettes, so these will be a wellcome addition to my collection. Happy to expand the east front stuff.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [08/10/2020] à 08:56

I don't like this idea of new expansions… There is already too much stuff to play with… Why instead the DPG doesn't focus itself on reprints and erratas of older stuff (since too often the materials do have issues such as erratas, refuses and even rulebooks that are supposed to be in english written partially in french or the opposite… French ones written in English partially… I refer to the rulebooks of the Carentan, St Mere Eglise and Pegaus Bridge expansions…

I also would rather prefer to have a chance to buy the gazettes that I'd not the chance to buy in the past in order to finish my collection. And I also would prefer to have the chance to buy an italian army box or even a core set box regarding the north african theater of the war… Or, even, a core box set regarding instead the theater of the pacific… With Japanese armies (and heroes armed with katanas, so to be allowed to use them in a famous "banzai charge" scenario or campaign !!!) and G.I.Joes and US Marines troops alike.

Or – at least – I 'd like to buy the new Stalingrad set along with its expansion, which I already see as labelled like "Out of Stock" / "Sold Out"…

I mean; this policy of creating tons and tons of new core set boxes along with "expansions" which instead could be treated as, and often are not more than, part of the new core set itself is a little bit "innerving" and "annoying"… Let's say so…

I hope that DPG will stop to put out newer and newer products but in low quantities and lower and lower quality too (I refer to erratas in the tiles or the rules as I already said above) and instead that DPG will seriously think to reprint "Out of stock" things that she has in the products' range.

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [08/10/2020] à 09:42

The old gazettes are mainly still in stock: issues 1, 2, 4, 6, 7. So that's only 3, 5 and 8 that are out of stock.

Reprints are quite high-risk endeavor for a company without much financial reserve: will they sell or will the products end up in a warehouse gathering dust? Unfortunately, the latter is the case for many of the products as you can tell by the inventory in the web shop. That's why DPG has opted for preorder or P500 campaigns the last two years, just to make sure products actually sell.

Every war gamer has a favorite unit he or she would love to see depicted in this (or other) game(s). I'd love some Belgian units for early war scenarios as well. 😎

A Pacific theater core box/line has been thought about, as well as a North-African one… The ideas are there. It just needs time to be developed.

The reprint of the core Heroes of Normandie game, The Big Red One edition, is the first big box we'll get.

Luckily, errata are at a low at the moment. HoS had one error with the Frontoviks, but we're far from the vast amount of errors seen on the first printings of the core box and expansions.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [08/10/2020] à 16:13

Hey Bart,

Do you have any idea when the kickstarter will be online?

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [08/10/2020] à 16:14

Quote from m.katier on [08/10/2020] à 16:13

Do you have any idea when the kickstarter will be online?

Not specifically. It was planned for Q4 of this year, but I'll leave those specifics to Yann. 😎

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [08/10/2020] à 21:28

The update said this:

" Of course, the campaign won’t arrive on Kickstarter before the complete delivery of A Pig Back From Hell."

So the new KS won't be out just yet.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [09/10/2020] à 09:47

Cool! Seems like a good change to make them more self contained. Good choice 😀

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [12/10/2020] à 11:30

While I like the concept, I will take my chances on getting this normally throgh the shop.

I really like the Pigs, but if the business model continues to revolve around Kickstarters I am out.

P500 would be ok, but that didn't work out too great as seen with the dropships.

Well, ok… I might reconsider for another 40K KS, if the format is similar to the last one. (One Box, two reenforcement packs).

🙄

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [12/10/2020] à 11:31

And by the way, even though I would buy the Tiger, are we under any illusion, that such a scenario will be balanced? 😀

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [12/10/2020] à 20:19

The scenario is well balanced. But you will have to play it the right way, optimise your units and play it with the right army doctrine.

Jamais un type n’a gagné une guerre en mourant pour sa patrie. On gagne en s’arrangeant pour que ce soit le type d’en face qui meure pour sa patrie. George Smith Patton

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [13/10/2020] à 08:06

Well, I certainly hope so.

My experiance from France so far indicate otherwise.

Allied armor has been so far no match for the Germans.

Don't let my friend, who usually plays the US, get even started on the Jagdpanther, which is more or less unkillable frontally.

I am still not sure if the Heroes System is too great in modelling tank battles.

Three T-34 vs. one Tiger, my money is on the Tiger.

But surprise me.

That said, I still love the game amd would buy this right away. But don't expect me to p%00 or evne Kickstart this product.

Cheers

Michael

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [13/10/2020] à 08:34

This scenario for Otto Carius features a new mechanic which should strengthen the concept of a pure tank battle (without infantry). But no spoilers… 😎

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [13/10/2020] à 17:11

Hahaha. Can wait. 😉

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

New expansion line announced: War Stories posté le [24/10/2020] à 08:41

This will be great!

In the meantime you can read the Otto’s biography book: Tiger in the mud.

Pages : 1