Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1
Another heartly pledge to those of the Devil Pig Games...
Another heartly pledge to those of the Devil Pig Games... posté le [09/08/2020] à 15:48

…hi dudes. Ivan here speaking again…

Asking for a curiosity…

Why you have not added a "List of Contents" in the core sets (at least) of

Heroes of Normandie / Stalingrad / Black Reach and Shadows of Normandie ?

I mean… I've almost everything from the HoN range and to setup every thing or store correctly all those items / tokens / units is a total mess and challenge !!!

We cannot even count or recount again the pieces to see if we already have them all or we have lost some of them… In boardgames the List of Contents is usually the very first page of each rules manual… Instead you have not added anything like this and I don't know why.

Can someone explain me that choice ?

Could you produce at least a downloadable stock of files or just a pdf to be downloaded and to be put here on the site; so we can download it and have the complete list of contents for each of your products?!?

Do that please… We will be gladful for ages !!!

At least you should improve and complete the section TOOLS you have here – so we could use the section "My Army" or "Pieces of the Collection" there foundable in order to keep track of the pieces we have or have lost…

Please… Improve your site… It is well done, but has some things lacking like that. As the rulebooks of each HoN products lacks the List of Contents page (SHAME ON YOU !!!).

Another heartly pledge to those of the Devil Pig Games... posté le [09/08/2020] à 21:10

I’m pretty sure it’s a cost-reduction decision, listing up all components of a core box would at least fill one full page, especially if you’d add images (like you see in many board game rule books)… pages that could be used for more or better rule explanations.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Another heartly pledge to those of the Devil Pig Games... posté le [12/09/2020] à 06:47

Quote from bartdevuyst on [09/08/2020] à 21:10

I’m pretty sure it’s a cost-reduction decision, listing up all components of a core box would at least fill one full page, especially if you’d add images (like you see in many board game rule books)… pages that could be used for more or better rule explanations.

Images are not compulsory… A list of contents for a boardgame is !!! Expecially for games such as the Heroes Systems ones… Which have plentyful of tokens (most of them small and "easy – to – be – lost").

It denotes a lack of attention towards the final gamers and collectors / user of your product… For my point of view.

Until now I tried to do a list of contents by myself but – since I ve bought the normandie range of products in different "tranches" – I found that, in the end, I've done some mistakes in terms of "counting a type of token" or unit twice or even the contrary… And I also lost or have to re-write the "flying pieces of paper" onto which I did such "lists of contents", because they are easy to be lost or they are not easy to be stored or understood by everyone (I do handwrite very badly… In Italy we say "You handwrite like Doctors do"… To address a person which has a very unreadable handwriting… lol lol lol And I know that is one of my worst defects… But I'm not alone, fortunately. And I try to handwrite clearly… But since the tokens in Heroes of Normandie are so much, it takes time to hand – write all the stuff down one by one within a reasonable number of minutes before the games starts).

I also did find that the Commonwealth army box and the british troops and armies that I own in general, are too much touched by errors of printing and "erratas"… And even if I own the Errata Punchboard Sets, it is somehow hard to remember if a piece or token is the correct one or not…

And I found that I forgot to write it down when I did those "lists of contents" about which we are talking now…

At this time I've not spare time to rewrite them down clearly and to control also if I have lost some tokens "on the way"… And it is frustrating to be "on the piece" each time I bring the game at the local gaming club or at my friends' homes… Since I've to create armies, create or choose the map / mission to be played, un-pack all the single recruitment options with relatively small tokens… Reput them back into the boxes once the armies are created (avoiding to lose or to mix those tokens together in the process… And so on…

Then re-divide those tokens once the game ends, re-open each ziplock where they belong (I divided the stuff I've for platoon of "belonging to" or by expansion set, such as "Kelly's Heroes" or "1st SS Panzer Division" or similar) and then repack everything again, hoping to have done all it well and that other players, or just myself, have done everything correctly without losing a single token or messing them up (last time I spent hours because a gamer placed tokens of the german army inside commonwealth ziplocks !!! A total mess !!! And I had to recount each token for each of the three armies I've !!! A thing that could make go mad everyone, even the DALAI LAMA !!!).

Pages : 1