Bienvenue visiteur, pour poster sur ce forum vous devez vous enregistrer.
Flux RSS MembresRecherche
Pages : 1 2
Made a youtube video of a 3D battle
Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [22/12/2019] à 17:41

Part 1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf7g0-Mdvoo

Part 2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t_S9lymfS8&feature=youtu.be

I am prepping for a possible convention demo game in February. If anyone notices rules mistakes please let me know. I did miscalculate the early assault between the ork nob early in the game but other than that I tried to play the game by the rules with the exception of the house rules regarding cards and wooden blocks used. These are mentioned in the video.

I do know the narration is slightly off of the video but I am not very experienced with videos and editing things so I did the bet I could.

I hope this gains some interests in the game among miniatures players. For me the models make it much more enjoyable.

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [22/12/2019] à 19:50

That's really cool. I checked out the video. Looks great. There's an argument to be made that by using minis the game is potentially slowed down because the stats for each unit are not readily available on the game board necessitating a bit of reference to the tokens at the side of the table…but…man, those minis sure scratch an itch. It looked fantastic. Great work. I've often considered doing the same thing for HoN with Flames of War miniatures but maybe basing them and placing the based units on the tokens so that everything is still on the board. Anyway, very cool, very cool.

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [22/12/2019] à 20:21

looks neat, I did about the same with heroes or normandie. I made a complete city there in 3d with meadows around it with all the values ​​on the tiles and buildings in question. In addition, I have given each different type of unit its own shape of a wooden block and numbered it and its own color per five units (for a quick overview). you place these blocks on the game board. these wooden blocks represent your troops who are still standing next to the board and out of sight of the enemy. you only replace these blocks for the unit in question that it represents when an enemy unit can see them. this gives a nice effect to the game and tactics that you can apply.

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [23/12/2019] à 00:56

Voxer, I'd like to see it. Can you post pictures?

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [23/12/2019] à 05:53

Quote from jyonkers on [22/12/2019] à 19:50

There's an argument to be made that by using minis the game is potentially slowed down because the stats for each unit are not readily available on the game board necessitating a bit of reference to the tokens at the side of the table

This is one of the primary reasons that I love HSTS games — you know the stats for all the units because they are printed right on the tile. You don't have to paint a bunch of models, which is just as well because I don't have the eyes to do that anymore.

If I wanted to play a WW2 miniatures game I would just play Flames of War.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [23/12/2019] à 08:35

I'd like to do that jyonkers. however, how can I add photos to this forum via my phone? I tried but I can't. I see that others can add photos. but how?

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [23/12/2019] à 09:31

Quote from voxer on [23/12/2019] à 08:35

I'd like to do that jyonkers. however, how can I add photos to this forum via my phone? I tried but I can't. I see that others can add photos. but how?

This forum has no user-based image storage. You'll need to host your images elsewhere and paste the image links here.

I use BoardGameGeek as my image storage at the moment, but there are other services providing dedicated tools for image hosting. Imgur is a popular one.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [23/12/2019] à 12:56

Nostadunwich, I agree that having all of the stats on the tiles is what makes the game flow so well but the idea of minis merged with the HSTS game system appeals to me. I love pushing toy soldiers around. I guess I'm still a ten year old kid at heart.

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [23/12/2019] à 13:25

Counters make for a quicker game and no work. I am a model builder mostly so enjoy that aspect of things.

I tried Flames of War and Warhammer 40K. Both systems lacked something to me.

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [23/12/2019] à 13:41

Quote from jyonkers on [23/12/2019] à 12:56

I guess I'm still a ten-year-old kid at heart.

Aren't we all? 😈

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [23/12/2019] à 21:39

This is so cool!! Where did you get the miniatures kenofyork? They look like 15mm Warhammer 40k, and I've never seen them for sale.

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [24/12/2019] à 01:13

if I had to guess on the models, i would assume Epic 40k. Which is the 40k Version of Warmaster from Fantasy. Which was meant as an alternative to Apocalypse, and hundreds (or thousands) of dollars in miniatures.

As for rules goofs…unless I miss something major, aren't you supposed to issue orders ahead of time, and not as a reaction?

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [24/12/2019] à 03:25

kenofyork, correct me if I'm wrong. You 3D printed the minis, didn't you? I seem to remember you posting pictures a few months back. You did not buy them, you made them. Is that correct?

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [24/12/2019] à 13:45

The orks are available from several companies.

Vanguard made the mega nobs I used, and SLAP miniatures made the sluggas and shootas.

The marine stuff is 3D printed using an Anycubic Photon resin printer. I am amazed at what can be done with this.

The swards are very brittle but after a few failed tries I am happy with the results. I found someone on Ebay selling Ultramarine decals in various sizes and used them for the models.

At this time no one can sell 15mm models for 40K so you have to make do with "almost" models or make your own.

Regarding the rules used. This was a solo play through to test how the armies matched up before I put the game out there at a convention. Because it was played solo the order blocks were not used. Also, the cards were only used for the alternative use.

I tend to customize games a little and the wooden blocks being pre-positioned is actually one of the few game mechanics that I am looking at changing.

Placing the blocks indicates to your opponent which units are not going to present any type of danger in the coming turn. It tends to change your tactics as you then move based on this information. I prefer when every enemy unit is a possible danger.

Just my preference, as I want to focus on tactics rather than game mechanics.

Right now I am painting up some extra armor piercing for the marines and going to add a truck to the orks so they can get to the buildings faster.

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [24/12/2019] à 20:57

bart I understand what you say, but I also see the photos in the forum, so I should be able to paste them in too? then you don't have to do that via a link?

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [25/12/2019] à 01:02

Indeed, you host the images elsewhere, then paste the link here in an image tag.

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [25/12/2019] à 10:16

Oké nu snap ik het, blond he, hahaha!

Thanks.

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [25/12/2019] à 12:44

[http://imgur.com/gallery/xb9JPE1]

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [25/12/2019] à 12:45

http://imgur.com/gallery/xb9JPE1

Made a youtube video of a 3D battle posté le [25/12/2019] à 12:49

see link above, already some pictures of the game board. it is not finished yet but are working on it. will send a link later with how you play it and with the units. but then you already have an idea

Pages : 1 2