Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[V1.2] Op Fire in Supply Phase?
Op Fire in Supply Phase? Posted on [29/05/2016] à 23:27

Sorry if this asked and answered. I am new to this game and cannot find an FAQ here, BGG, or Facebook.

Do units with Op Fire have the ability to use it in the Supply Phase? ❓

Or do I just watch all the enemy units walk past (or up to) my MG positions without doing any damage? 🙁

Op Fire in Supply Phase? Posted on [29/05/2016] à 23:47

OP Fire, in fact any firing is NOT allowed in the supply phase.

That said I do allow Opportunity Fire (only) in the supply phase. So if casually gaming please yourself, but if gaming with a club or competitively stick to the official line.

Remember it's your game.

Rick Brown

Op Fire in Supply Phase? Posted on [30/05/2016] à 04:58

From v1.2b of the Rules:

The Immutable Rule of the Supply Phase:

No firing or assault can happen

during this phase!

That would be in large red type.

If you don't have v1.2b, it is available for download here in the downloads section.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Op Fire in Supply Phase? Posted on [30/05/2016] à 15:45

I guess I missed that bit.

But doesn't that leave the game open to abuse? You could walk a line of infantry up to a position to block LoS and never move.

If you don't move, you can't be Op-fired, right?

Op Fire in Supply Phase? Posted on [30/05/2016] à 18:50

A unit in LoS can be targeted with the normal fire action, so placing a unit in front of a unit that also has the Opportunity Fire, is probably not a good idea.

Op Fire in Supply Phase? Posted on [31/05/2016] à 08:04

Well, first of all: Nothing stops you from assigning an order to a unit with OpFire to allow them to shoot during that phase, rather than the OpFire (once activated, they would not be able to OpFire unless you can remove the spent order or activation token).

Second of all: If you leave a Machine Gun nest with OpFire alone and unguarded and then don't give them an order to fire, you should not be surprised if they get abused. 😉

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Op Fire in Supply Phase? Posted on [02/06/2016] à 19:37

If you use the supply phase as it seems it was intended, to move up troops not directly involved in the fighting, it works pretty well. But I do agree that it's easily game-able.

I've removed the whole supply phase in the solitaire rules I've been using. It would be possible to play this way two-player but you'd need have special scenarios for it to work properly.

[V1.2] Op Fire in Supply Phase? Posted on [09/02/2018] à 16:50

Quote from grege on [29/05/2016] à 23:27

Sorry if this asked and answered. I am new to this game and cannot find an FAQ here, BGG, or Facebook.

Do units with Op Fire have the ability to use it in the Supply Phase? ❓

Or do I just watch all the enemy units walk past (or up to) my MG positions without doing any damage? 🙁

My gaming group has been following the rules and not allowing any assaults / shooting in the supply phase.

[V1.2] Op Fire in Supply Phase? Posted on [09/02/2018] à 17:20

I would argue that OP fire in and of itself is a gaming mechanic. Not all troops will be able to shoot all targets perfectly. A machine gunner may be distracted for a variety of reasons and miss troops running across a road. I see the supply phase as being simultaneous to the action phase. The chaos of combat has lots of thing happening at once. I have NO problem with no attacks during the supply phase. I guess the exception would be with stick bombs.

Pages: 1