Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[BRO] Panzerfaust American Action Card
[BRO] Panzerfaust American Action Card Posted on [19/05/2022] à 20:14

I hesitate to even post this here, since it may have been an intentional decision, but why does the American Action Card deck contain a Panzerfaust card? Shouldn't this be a Bazooka card instead? Everywhere else that I have encountered so far, the Germans correctly have Panzerfausts and the Americans have Bazookas. So, the presence of this card confuses me.

[BRO] Panzerfaust American Action Card Posted on [19/05/2022] à 20:19

The card simulate captured weapons.

During market garden the 504th parachute infantry regiment captured a German truck full of panzerfaust. Afterwards they used them during the battle of the bulge.

Jamais un type n’a gagné une guerre en mourant pour sa patrie. On gagne en s’arrangeant pour que ce soit le type d’en face qui meure pour sa patrie. George Smith Patton

[BRO] Panzerfaust American Action Card Posted on [19/05/2022] à 20:35

OK, I was wondering if it was something like that. Just seemed out of place, but now that I have an official explanation, my brain will have an easier time accepting it. 😛

[BRO] Panzerfaust American Action Card Posted on [19/05/2022] à 20:38

Now, if I can only get my brain to accept that a circle and slash means "active" and an open circle means "inactive" – I don't know that I will ever be able to wrap my brain around that.

[BRO] Panzerfaust American Action Card Posted on [19/05/2022] à 21:51

If you look closely the slash goes through an illustration of a bipod.

In my head I think of it as NOT deployed. That way I associate the slash with a negative.

But yeah the bit in the circle being what happens if you flip the counter rather that what is happening on the current side can take some getting used to.

[BRO] Panzerfaust American Action Card Posted on [20/05/2022] à 05:13

Right. But since the circle and slash symbol is on the side with the unit deployed using the bipod (which is the active side), it's just really counter-intuitive. I guess I will have to force myself to think that the symbol indicates what happens when you flip the counter.

[BRO] Panzerfaust American Action Card Posted on [20/05/2022] à 06:07

Quote from bigslickmik on [20/05/2022] à 05:13

I will have to force myself to think that the symbol indicates what happens when you flip the counter.

That is exactly the point, yes.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[BRO] Panzerfaust American Action Card Posted on [20/05/2022] à 08:53

I’m always extremely excited when I draw that Panzerfaust, Geballte Ladung or Booby Trap card! I admit, I love harassing my opponent. 😈

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Pages: 1