Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3
Battle for Caen • Campaign
Battle for Caen • Kickstarter Campaign Posted on [17/05/2022] à 10:40

Hello everyone,

The Battle for Caen Kickstarter campaign is starting tomorrow.

This is the topic for all your questions!

Enjoy!

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [17/05/2022] à 19:44

Hi I am new to HoN having just purchased HoS and the solo expansion. I am looking to back this. I would also like to get BATTLEGROUND SET 5 – THE SEWERS which is now showing out of stock. Will it be available as an add on with this campaign? If not, any idea where I can get a copy?

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [17/05/2022] à 21:57

Quote from bartdevuyst on [17/05/2022] à 10:40

Hello everyone,

The Battle for Caen Kickstarter campaign is starting tomorrow.

This is the topic for all your questions!

Enjoy!

Hi

Really enjoying BRO and Bloody Omaha and looking forward to this next chapter. Not so much a question as a suggestion about the variety of artillery and aircraft. The variety of options could be increased I feel.

Let me explain. In the old v1 cards there were a number of possible options for different aircraft and/or calibres of artillery pieces. I understand why that system was changed to the command recruitment tile/counter system.

With BRO (and HOS) both sides are restricted to 2 different aircraft and 1 type of artillery bombardment. If you are going to produced 3 aircraft units why not make them 3 different types? And why not have say light and heavy artillery possibilities with different templates for resolution.

I notice the proposed British command options again will have one type of artillery and only two plane types.

So my suggestion would be to increase the variety of these.

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [17/05/2022] à 23:32

Quote from Ian S on [17/05/2022] à 21:57

Hi

Really enjoying BRO and Bloody Omaha and looking forward to this next chapter. Not so much a question as a suggestion about the variety of artillery and aircraft. The variety of options could be increased I feel.

Let me explain. In the old v1 cards there were a number of possible options for different aircraft and/or calibres of artillery pieces. I understand why that system was changed to the command recruitment tile/counter system.

With BRO (and HOS) both sides are restricted to 2 different aircraft and 1 type of artillery bombardment. If you are going to produced 3 aircraft units why not make them 3 different types? And why not have say light and heavy artillery possibilities with different templates for resolution.

I notice the proposed British command options again will have one type of artillery and only two plane types.

So my suggestion would be to increase the variety of these.

I don't know if it would be much possibilities later, but you can already find an alternative type of artillery for each army with this (not so old) expansions :

US : https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/product/us-4th-armored-division/

GE : https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/product/1st-ss-panzer-division/

GB : https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/product/7th-armored-division/

All three of them are harder … and stronger … and more expensive !

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [18/05/2022] à 11:36

I would also like to get BATTLEGROUND SET 5 – THE SEWERS which is now showing out of stock. Will it be available as an add on with this campaign? If not, any idea where I can get a copy?

Just a quick message to say we got some in stock but we actually got a bug in our shop making some items goes "out of stock" for no reason even tho we have them. We will hopefully make them available again soon

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [18/05/2022] à 11:56

Since Yann (DPG Designer) is sharing this on the French version of this thread, I might as well share it here too. Translated from French.

Indeed, we have prepared 2 Battle packs for the occasion as it was too short a time to cover the whole campaign of Caen even if the first Battle pack of Caen is the biggest ever produced by Devil Pig Games.

The second Battle Pack is offered with the pledge, we will make you discover it during the campaign. We thought that putting it in stretch goals was not necessarily a good thing because it was totally defined and ready to print.

In addition to the "Big Gifts" there will also be stretch goals depending on the evolution of the campaign. The first ones are defined, but you know us we are open to your requests.

More details at 4pm

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [18/05/2022] à 12:17

I hope there will be something in the style of "Weird War" like the Halloween Pumpkin stuff. Doesn't have to be big thing, but just a small nod to us SoN players. I know this is a long shot, but I'm still waiting for my Halloween Pumpkin squad, so getting something else would be nice too…

Anyway, the second Battle Pack sounds intriguing. I'm hoping for some Scottish troops to join in the fray perhaps.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [18/05/2022] à 17:19

Just backed the kickstarter really looking forward to this

and yeah, would love to see some Scottish troops 😎

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [18/05/2022] à 18:04

Just backed the campaign. Now please get back to work on 40K content!

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [18/05/2022] à 23:09

The shipping cost to Japan (or Taiwan) is 60 euro!

It’s two times of BRO’s.(around 30 euro)

Why is it too expensive?

I think the package would be smaller than BRO’s.

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [19/05/2022] à 09:42

Quote from buqbuq on [18/05/2022] à 23:09

Why is it too expensive?

Because shipping continues to get more and more insane.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [19/05/2022] à 09:43

Caen is already 100% funded!

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [19/05/2022] à 14:38

That's awesome 😀 Congrats!

With the new wording of Battlepacks, is my understanding correct that you get 2 expansions for the price of 1? Battlepack II and Battlepack III

In Battlepack II there's around 6 scenario's, platoons, boards and buildings. Will this sort of content also be in Battlepack III? Or is that extra scenario's with maybe an extra platoon or two?

EDIT:

Oh wait, I think they release that information with the daily goals if I'm not mistaken right?

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [19/05/2022] à 14:41

Exactly, Battlepack 3 will get more previews along the duration of the campaign. 😎

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [20/05/2022] à 06:17

You will have to wait and see what is in store :mrgreen:

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [20/05/2022] à 14:26

Just in case you're missing the updates…

This campaign features 'free' daily unlocks, and in turn creates the entire content of Battle Pack 3. Two have been previewed so far.

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [20/05/2022] à 14:28

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [20/05/2022] à 23:40

Those appear as white squares to me, and this time I tried a less secure browser than my normal one…shudder…I tried it in MS Edge.

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [21/05/2022] à 20:26

New Daily Breakthrough.

Willi Herold, famously depicted in the movie 'Der Hauptmann'.

Also, an enormous Flak 88 gun. For those that already had the previous one from a few years ago, you can now almost replay that epic Band of Brothers action scene where they needed to silence those guns firing at the beaches.

Battle for Caen • Campaign Posted on [22/05/2022] à 04:07

Quote from bartdevuyst on [21/05/2022] à 20:26

Also, an enormous Flak 88 gun. For those that already had the previous one from a few years ago, you can now almost replay that epic Band of Brothers action scene where they needed to silence those guns firing at the beaches.

just two more to go 🙂

btw love to see Willi's background so we can kill real basterds. nicely done

– “Hey, amigo! You know you have a face beautiful enough to be worth two thousand dollars?” – “Yeah, but you don’t look like the one who’ll collect it”

Pages: 1 2 3