Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
BATTLE OF BERLIN
BATTLE OF BERLIN Posted on [10/05/2022] à 16:18

Excited to see the ad for the Caen kickstarter on facebook, looking forward to this one. Now, I realise the units will not be correct (the nationalities however will be) but does anyone think that by combining the new Caen boards with Heroes of Stalingrad that the Battle of Berlin might be played out on the tabletop?

BATTLE OF BERLIN Posted on [10/05/2022] à 16:57

The variety of terrain and units from the 1942 and 1944 eras could make some huge and cool scinarios. I am to new to the game and historically unlearned enough to make my own; but I am eager for someone else's fan submission. Perhapse if someone is inspired enough they could post a scinario on this website maybe? It would also be great to see more late war components. Great idea!

BATTLE OF BERLIN Posted on [11/05/2022] à 10:58

That sounds like an awesome map 🙂

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

BATTLE OF BERLIN Posted on [11/05/2022] à 15:45

Yeah, maybe someone will write up a cool scenario, that would be great (I honestly don't have the time)

The more Late War stuff that Devil Pig release the better, I'd love to see some Volksgrenadiers with MP44's or even some Volksturm with Italian rifles.

Very glad to see the British being released for the new game, honestly not sure what I have done with my Original British set, I seem to have misplaced a lot of my Heroes of Normandie kit somehow. I blame the cat 😀

BATTLE OF BERLIN Posted on [11/05/2022] à 17:42

Quote from Idiots.Inc on [10/05/2022] à 16:57

The variety of terrain and units from the 1942 and 1944 eras could make some huge and cool scinarios. I am to new to the game and historically unlearned enough to make my own; but I am eager for someone else's fan submission. Perhapse if someone is inspired enough they could post a scinario on this website maybe? It would also be great to see more late war components. Great idea!

indeed… I like to make my own made scenarios using all the terrain tiles I want, may they come from HoN or HoS ranges of products.

BATTLE OF BERLIN Posted on [11/05/2022] à 17:54

Quote from Alan Hume on [10/05/2022] à 16:18

Excited to see the ad for the Caen kickstarter on facebook, looking forward to this one. Now, I realise the units will not be correct (the nationalities however will be) but does anyone think that by combining the new Caen boards with Heroes of Stalingrad that the Battle of Berlin might be played out on the tabletop?

I did create a scenario involving italian partisans using the core sets of Normandie and River / Wood / Hill sets and just by "proxying" italian partisans by using the French partisans and civilians tiles I own already.

And I also did create the attack at the radar station that we see in Save Private Ryan movie and some scenarios inspired by the 90s videogame "Commandos"… All by using the units I own and the terrain sets mixed up.

I also have written down a scenario inspired by the ensglish and canadian attack to a naval base in France, when they crashed an old vessel armed with an explosive hull… The Canadian and British commandos did quite well, but suffered heavy losses and the raid failed because their tanks crashed their tracks on the sand and the rocks of the seaside and also, the germans captured them. But the vessel "kamikaze", in the end, exploded… And it prevented for some time the warship Bismark and its twin ship, to go hunt in the Atlantic. After a while, only the Bismark was sent there, and it was left alone, and (quite) "easily" dispatched by the english NAVY. I do not recall the correct name of this raid, but it is renown as it is the raid that the british forces made against the dams in Europe… Where they used the bombers to throw "bouncing bombs" against the bases of such dams… And they succeded in the bombing.

PS: the raid I wrote about was the famous "Raid of Dieppe"… Just to know…

BATTLE OF BERLIN Posted on [12/05/2022] à 12:38

that sounds terrific, I guess I need to pick up the French Resistance if they are still available in the online store (just made a fairly big order as well, darn)

It certainly sounds like much could be done to proxy the Battle of Berlin with what we already have (as I say, the CAEN urban boards will be a great addition)

it's just not something that I have time to get involved with (and I'm not all that familiar with the system, haven't played since 1st edition, I need to get back into it)

Really looking forward to the kickstarter

BATTLE OF BERLIN Posted on [12/05/2022] à 21:47

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [11/05/2022] à 17:54

I did create a scenario involving Italian partisans using the core sets of Normandie and River / Wood / Hill sets and just by "proxying" Italian partisans by using the French partisans and civilians tiles I own already.

And I also did create the attack at the radar station that we see in Save Private Ryan movie and some scenarios inspired by the 90s videogame "Commandos"… All by using the units I own and the terrain sets mixed up.

I also have written down a scenario inspired by the English and Canadian attack to a naval base in France, when they crashed an old vessel armed with an explosive hull…

Those sound great.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages: 1