Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
New card decks bonus data
New card decks bonus data Posted on [12/01/2022] à 22:36

Hi all!

I recently buyed the cards deck for FFI, and I found great the alternative bonus for the new cards. very dynamic. But, as FFI is the only new deck I Know, I have some questions:

Have all the new decks the same alternative bonus to the same cards?

For example, In FFI deck the WEAK POINT (2 cards) has +1 to shoot or +1 to asault. Is it the same for the German, US or Brit decks? Can the FFI deck be used as a guide to apply alternative bonus to the corresponding enemy cards? or each faction has its own alternatives?

Thanks and cheers!

New card decks bonus data Posted on [12/01/2022] à 23:10

The bonuses are not always the same. They are not even the same between the German deck in Heroes of Normandie and the German deck in Heroes of Stalingrad. That being said, which card has what bonus is likely not as relevant as the set of bonuses available to a player during a game, and more importantly that an otherwise "limited use" card have some alternate value in a game where you never remove cards from the deck.

Speaking of removing cards from a deck, there is more to converting a 1st Edition Action deck to a 2nd Edition deck, since the card count has also shrunk from roughly 70 cards to 50. It will be hard to judge the card set from the FFI deck, as it is a rather unique blend of cards compared to any of the regular army decks.

There is an old thread somewhere on the forums discussing modifying the old decks, you might want to find that and it may give you some inspiration.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

New card decks bonus data Posted on [13/01/2022] à 02:18

So there isn´t a ratio between "usefulness" (even when it changes with the context), and bonus providing.

It simplifies a lot the things, ´cause it is just a probabilitie of get the bonus, and that could be determined by a dice roll, or so…

I will see that thread

Thank you very much for the info.

cheers

New card decks bonus data Posted on [13/01/2022] à 06:14

Quote from Guillermorx on [13/01/2022] à 02:18

So there isn´t a ratio between "usefulness" (even when it changes with the context), and bonus providing.

That is not entirely true… cards such as Bogged Down or Surprise! are the ones that *have* an alternate bonus precisely because they are cards that are only situationally useful. If your opponent does not have any vehicles in their army, then Bogged Down is not directly useful to you, but since it has an Alternate Bonus you can get more out of it than just discarding it to free up a spot in your hand. That bonus may shift from game to game, for reasons to which I am not privy, but there will be some bonus on the card.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages: 1