Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
ALTERNATIVE RULES FOR MINEFIELDS IN HON/NOS SYSTEM... PART 2:
ALTERNATIVE RULES FOR MINEFIELDS IN HON/NOS SYSTEM... PART 2: Posted on [06/12/2021] à 04:02

The minesweepers and engineers could be allowed to place down booby traps and mines or minefields alike as an alternative movement or firing action.

If you do not have minesweepers or engineers allow other types of units/troops to do that…

ALTERNATIVE RULES FOR MINEFIELDS IN HON/NOS SYSTEM... PART 2: Posted on [06/12/2021] à 22:51

Surely they could, but if they do that, they are "suppressed" and "mouvement X" for the rest of the game. The time scale of Heroes System is very short, perhaps 2 or 5 minutes per round. A complete game is around 20 minutes or 45 minutes. I'm not sure it could be possible to install a complete minefield during this time.

However you can play as you want to, as other actions like "medical cure" or "vehicle reparation" aren't so realistic too.

ALTERNATIVE RULES FOR MINEFIELDS IN HON/NOS SYSTEM... PART 2: Posted on [12/12/2021] à 08:55

Quote from cdmdu on [06/12/2021] à 22:51

Surely they could, but if they do that, they are "suppressed" and "mouvement X" for the rest of the game. The time scale of Heroes System is very short, perhaps 2 or 5 minutes per round. A complete game is around 20 minutes or 45 minutes. I'm not sure it could be possible to install a complete minefield during this time.

However you can play as you want to, as other actions like "medical cure" or "vehicle reparation" aren't so realistic too.

The intent, in fact, was to compare the lay down of mines to the unrealistic possibility to repair tanks or cure even serious wounds that we see in the Heroes system…

Ps: who or where (it) states that if mynesweepers, engineers or heroes / officers, troops able for whatever reason to defuse or lay down mines cannot lay out an entire minefield or have to be given suppression tokens or such?!? Or be obliged to have "Move X", for the rest of the game session?!?

ALTERNATIVE RULES FOR MINEFIELDS IN HON/NOS SYSTEM... PART 2: Posted on [12/12/2021] à 20:15

Well, you can prepare and bury a mine quite fast, but laying down lots of mines would still take time.

When I was in the Finnish defence force, we did train a bit of burying an anti-tank mine in preparation of ambush. It didn't take a long time. Of courese it was a training mine, so we didn't have to be super careful using them. I'd quess burying a real mine would take a bit more time IRL.

Those mines were heavy, though. I don't think a four or five man team could carry too many of them to be able to build a real minefield. Just carrying around that many mines would require long time and more men. So I don't think you can set up a proper minefield in the timeframe of this game.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

ALTERNATIVE RULES FOR MINEFIELDS IN HON/NOS SYSTEM... PART 2: Posted on [20/12/2021] à 16:45

Quote from Colhammer on [12/12/2021] à 20:15

Well, you can prepare and bury a mine quite fast, but laying down lots of mines would still take time.

When I was in the Finnish defence force, we did train a bit of burying an anti-tank mine in preparation of ambush. It didn't take a long time. Of courese it was a training mine, so we didn't have to be super careful using them. I'd quess burying a real mine would take a bit more time IRL.

Those mines were heavy, though. I don't think a four or five man team could carry too many of them to be able to build a real minefield. Just carrying around that many mines would require long time and more men. So I don't think you can set up a proper minefield in the timeframe of this game.

Consider also that the game itself is not 100 per 100 realistic… At least under some aspects and rules of the game… Such as repairs and cure for wounded people in real time like in videogames where in few seconds a wounded arm is mended and recovers !!!

ALTERNATIVE RULES FOR MINEFIELDS IN HON/NOS SYSTEM... PART 2: Posted on [20/12/2021] à 16:45

Quote from Colhammer on [12/12/2021] à 20:15

Consider also that the game itself is not 100 per 100 realistic… At least under some aspects and rules of the game… Such as repairs and cure for wounded people in real time like in videogames where in few seconds a wounded arm is mended and recovers !!!

Pages: 1