Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
I find Howitzer and Indirect Fire terms confusing
WHY SIMILAR AND CONFUSING NAMES FOR HOWITZER AND INDIRECT FIRE RULES? DO YOU KNOW HOWITZERS SHOULD BE BETTER REWRITTEN AS CANNON AND INDIRECT FIRE HEADING, INSTEAD, REWRITTEN AS HOWITZERS FIRE?!? READ THE TOPIC TO UNDERSTAND MY POINT... Posted on [23/09/2021] à 13:38

In Compendium and rulebooks of Heroes of Norm/Stalingrad, the heading for howitzers fires and indirect fire are confusing and misleading since in real world the CANNONS can shoot only straightforward… Howitzers instead, can shoot forward and indirectly too…

Then the heading of the rules are misleading, to me…

Why you choose such headings instead of write "direct" / "indirect fire"?!?

That way is more simple and less misleading too…

And why, also, such rules state that it is not allowed to put a scatter template upon or onto a building; as they could not be struck at all by shells?!? It sounds weird or nonsense to me… I mean… In real life buildings are flattened by incoming shells (directly or indorectly); why then in HoN system buildings cant be targeted directly by cannons and howitzers (if we follow the lines we see in the Compendium)?!?

It is counterintuitive and weird/unrealistic, for me…

Or am I missing some point?!?

English is not my native language, maybe it is the case. Maybe someone can explain me better the whole set of things I asked here above?!?

Tom Hanks… In advance… Lol

I united Tom Hanks, protagonist of Save Private Ryan, and thanks… The adverb… To make a joke… Sorry!!!

Lol

Pages: 1