Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
German V2 deck versus German Staligrand's deck
German V2 deck versus German Staligrand's deck Posted on [24/08/2021] à 12:53

Hi all,

A query, please.

Does the V2 cards of Germans be the same of Stalingrand pack, that already own, or it is different?

Need to order the new V2 packs, I'm asking not to double buy the same product.

Thanks

German V2 deck versus German Staligrand's deck Posted on [24/08/2021] à 14:10

Hi Mark

The main cards in both decks are the same but there are some differences in the 5 unique special cards.

Both the HOS deck and HON v2 have Fury of the Fuhrer and Gebalte Ladung cards.

The differences are:

HOS has Resupply, Pervitin and 8cm Granatwerfer. Whereas HON v2 has Mine, Hitlerjugend and Booby Trapped.

Of course with the HON v2 you also get the 6 Fallschirmjager cards.

Ian

German V2 deck versus German Staligrand's deck Posted on [24/08/2021] à 15:19

Nice, thanks Ian,

Besides, the cost isn't too heavy, so why not to get the extra cards.

Cheers

German V2 deck versus German Staligrand's deck Posted on [24/08/2021] à 22:51

A small difference in the HoS deck as well: it has Alternate Bonuses on the Tactician cards, whereas the new HoN deck for the Germans has not.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

German V2 deck versus German Staligrand's deck Posted on [28/08/2021] à 16:44

Quote from bartdevuyst on [24/08/2021] à 22:51

A small difference in the HoS deck as well: it has Alternate Bonuses on the Tactician cards, whereas the new HoN deck for the Germans has not.

I preferred to spend my money to have the chance to buy the Out of Stock German Fallschirmjagers expansion… With the themathic dice set and cards, rather than to spend the same amount of cash, more or less, just to buy another deck of cards similar to those in the base set (which I own already in twin linked copy !!!)…

And for what ? Just to have the six (sigh !!!) special GE Paratroops card set ?!?

German V2 deck versus German Staligrand's deck Posted on [28/08/2021] à 16:51

Quote from Ian S on [24/08/2021] à 14:10

Hi Mark

The main cards in both decks are the same but there are some differences in the 5 unique special cards.

The differences are:

HOS has Resupply, Pervitin and 8cm Granatwerfer. Whereas HON v2 has Mine, Hitlerjugend and Booby Trapped.

Ian

I was wondering a thing…

Is it possible to mix up or do some deck building like it was with the rule set of Heroes of Normandie first edition ?!?

Is it possible to mix up some cards coming from Stalingrad and some from Heroes of Normandie to recreate decks that are more historically correct or give more tactical solutions to the german players ?!?

I know that they do have diffrent backs however… So the cards in the deck resulting from that mixing could be easy to discern or spotted…

But, by the way… I know that Pervitin drugs were used in all the theaters of war, by the germans and, in North Africa, even by the British… Which gave drugs to their tanks' crews, expecially in the period around the operation "Supercharge" from Montgomery…

They were so doped, states a BBC documentary, that the same tank crews run into the "devil's gardens" (extremely extended minefields layed down by both the fighting sides, closer to El Alamein) without panicking or without taking their lives and safety into account !!!

They were like madmen and mindless zombies following orders to deep strike with their tanks without remors or fear for their lives!!!

German V2 deck versus German Staligrand's deck Posted on [28/08/2021] à 17:26

In my opinion, the Heroes System is open enough to allow for deck tweaking.

With the old decks, you could so so. Although the new 50-card decks are normally used as a whole, you can tweak as much as you like when you and your opponent agree.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

German V2 deck versus German Staligrand's deck Posted on [21/09/2021] à 22:19

Quote from Ian S on [24/08/2021] à 14:10

Hi Mark

The differences are:

Ian

There are differences between fallschirmjager cards and paratroops cards from US or COMMONWEALTH decks? There is a chance to dowload such cards via pdf files or such for those that do not have the said cards but do own the paratroopers already?!?

Pages: 1