Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Apothecary, Armor Save for units without Armor Save
Apothecary for units without Armor Save Posted on [21/08/2021] à 21:20

The Apothecary ability description says:

Any time a friendly Infantry Unit up to 3 squares away from the Apothecary suffers a Hit, it can roll for an Armour Save if the Apothecary has not already been activated this turn and it does not have any Suppressed Markers on it.

For units that have an Armour Save value (ex: 5+), it makes sense to me that The Apothecary Armour Save use the same value but I may be wrong. For infantry without an Armour Save value on their recruitment tile, can they benefit from this ability and what Armour Save value should we use?

As far as I can tell, the only marine infantry units without an Armour Save Value are the Scouts Squad Elias units. Tactical, vanguard, devastator, and assault squads have 5+ (typical). Terminators have 4+ (heavily armored). Individuals mostly have 4+ or 5+ (more serious/heavy units with 4+). Sergeant Telion is a scout-like individual and has 6+.

The most typical Armour Save value is 5+ for a non-terminator squad unit, but Sergeant Telion makes it seem that scout units would have 6+ (if given an Armour Save).

I'm leaning towards the answer that the Apothecary ability can not be used on units without a specified Armour Save value, even though it seems un-thematic.

Apothecary, Armor Save for units without Armor Save Posted on [24/08/2021] à 10:43

I think it's designed to let units use their Armour Save without discarding an Action Card with the appropriate Alternate Bonus.

EDITED: Confirmed by designer Clem!

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Apothecary, Armor Save for units without Armor Save Posted on [25/08/2021] à 05:28

Thanks for the confirmation. How did you get the confirmation?

Apothecary, Armor Save for units without Armor Save Posted on [25/08/2021] à 07:35

We work together regularly when proofreading upcoming products.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Pages: 1