Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Ambush question
[BRO] New preview of the V2 rulebook Posted on [23/07/2021] à 00:03

From big red one rule book p.21,

(Same rule of 2.0 compendium)

>Ambush

>warning: Conditions for turning a concealed unit over are checked for each square the concealed unit moves into or at the end of any other unit’s Movement Action.

For example, my concealed unit is in the woods, the enemy infantry unit is moving from 4 square away of mine to 3 square away, 2 square away and finally 3 square away and finished(they walk 3 squares), does my unit need not to reveal? Because we check it at the end of any other unit’s Movement Action, not during Movement action.

(LOS is always clear between them.)

Ambush question Posted on [23/07/2021] à 03:48

Moerators note: I am moving a rules question here from the BRO preview thread since, as the poster pointed out, the rule is the same in the Compendium so it seems not a BRO-specific question.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Ambush question Posted on [23/07/2021] à 03:51

Quote from buqbuq on [23/07/2021] à 00:03

From big red one rule book p.21,

>Ambush

>warning: Conditions for turning a concealed unit over are checked for each square the concealed unit moves into or at the end of any other unit’s Movement Action.

For example, my concealed unit is in the woods, the enemy infantry unit is moving from 4 square away of mine to 3 square away, 2 square away and finally 3 square away and finished(they walk 3 squares), does my unit need not to reveal? Because we check it at the end of any other unit’s Movement Action, not during Movement action.

(LOS is always clear between them.)

Which part of the rule do you think applies in this situation, the concealed unit moving or the end of any other units move?

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Ambush question Posted on [23/07/2021] à 06:43

I want to confirm the situation of “the end of any other units move“.

My unit doesn’t move.

Ambush question Posted on [23/07/2021] à 09:28

Quote from buqbuq on [23/07/2021] à 06:43

I want to confirm the situation of “the end of any other units move“.

My unit doesn’t move.

So what is the board state when the other unit finishes its movement? That would be the check, according to the rules, no?

Ambush question Posted on [23/07/2021] à 13:49

From my example,

Mine and enemy’s are two squares away from each other during enemy’s movement, but mine doesn’t reveal their face because it is not the time of “end of any other units move”.

The end of enemy’s movement, two units are 3 squares away from each other.

Mine is still concealed.

Is it right?

Ambush question Posted on [23/07/2021] à 23:13

Quote from buqbuq on [23/07/2021] à 13:49

Mine and enemy’s are two squares away from each other during enemy’s movement, but mine doesn’t reveal their face because it is not the time of “end of any other units move”.

I understood that from your original example, it is just simply not relevant.

The end of enemy’s movement, [the] units are 3 squares away from each other.

Mine is still concealed.

Correct.

Ambush question Posted on [24/07/2021] à 01:18

Thanks.

I think it's a big change from the previous(1.2) rule.

Ambush question Posted on [24/07/2021] à 13:10

That is why it is included in the "Major Changes in V2.0" thread.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=10463

Ambush question Posted on [25/07/2021] à 07:21

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [24/07/2021] à 13:10

That is why it is included in the "Major Changes in V2.0" thread.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=10463

I have not clear what he asked for and what are this changes regarding the rules of ambushes and concealment, compared to those written in the compendium or into the beloved old box of Heroes of Normandie… May you, briefly, explain them to me?

Ambush question Posted on [25/07/2021] à 16:06

If you want to reveal an enemy concealed unit in terrain,

>In previous rule (1.2)

Your unit have to go close within 2 squares from the enemy, but do not need to stop and end the movement. If you have enough movement points left, you can go away from the square.

You can go through the square where you can reveal the enemy.

>In New rule (Stalingrad, compendium and 2.0)

Your unit have to go close within 2 squares and stop and end the movement. If you have enough movement points left and if you’ll go away from the square, you can’t reveal the enemy unit.

You have to stay in the square to reveal the enemy unit.

The tactical way of using recon or any other speedy units which have 4 or higher movement points are changed. In New rule, the recon unit can’t escape (apart) from the enemy unit after recon. In old rule, a recon unit can go thorough several squares where you can reveal an enemy at once.

Ambush question Posted on [25/07/2021] à 16:42

Quote from buqbuq on [25/07/2021] à 16:06

If you want to reveal an enemy concealed unit in terrain,

>In previous rule (1.2)

Your unit have to go close within 2 squares from the enemy, but do not need to stop and end the movement. If you have enough movement points left, you can go away from the square.

You can go through the square where you can reveal the enemy.

>In New rule (Stalingrad, compendium and 2.0)

Your unit have to go close within 2 squares and stop and end the movement. If you have enough movement points left and if you’ll go away from the square, you can’t reveal the enemy unit.

You have to stay in the square to reveal the enemy unit.

The tactical way of using recon or any other speedy units which have 4 or higher movement points are changed. In New rule, the recon unit can’t escape (apart) from the enemy unit after recon. In old rule, a recon unit can go thorough several squares where you can reveal an enemy at once.

May you explain me better the point from "The tactical way of using" onwards?!?

Ambush question Posted on [26/07/2021] à 00:41

About recon, the previous rule is more flexible than the new rule.

Light vehicle or recon infantry goes through the squares around the concealed enemy units and reveal them. After that, it hides in the blind spot.(light vehicle is vulnerable.) Then my MG, Mortar and Tank can shoot the enemies.

In reverse, in the new rule, the concealed unit can keep concealed status unless an enemy unit ends the movement within 2 square. The player can put their concealed unit on more offensive position. Eg. Concealed Bazooka unit is less vulnerable than in previous rule.

These are a few examples, I don’t know all tactics of this game.

Ambush question Posted on [18/08/2021] à 16:05

May I confirm one thing?

In rule v.1.2, my unit can assault an enemy’s concealed unit.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1526988/can-concealed-units-within-terrain-be-assaulted

But in rule v.2.0, my unit can’t assault an enemy’s concealed unit.

Because the enemy’s concealed unit does not change their status “during” my movement, but “the end of” my movement.

And also, it noted,

>From Big red one rule p.33,

>8.2 – REMINDERS…

>Movement sequence

>Step 3 End of the Movement Action

> Resolve any assaults

> Check whether enemy concealed units should be turned over and revealed.

Resolve any assaults before change the status.

Is it also big rule change?

Ambush question Posted on [19/08/2021] à 00:51

From big red one rule book p21,

>A concealed unit that is involved in an Assault is flipped onto its Inactive Side as the Assault begins.

Is it contradiction? Or overwrite the rule?

Ambush question Posted on [19/08/2021] à 07:45

Quote from buqbuq on [19/08/2021] à 00:51

From big red one rule book p21,

>A concealed unit that is involved in an Assault is flipped onto its Inactive Side as the Assault begins.

Is it contradiction? Or overwrite the rule?

It is not a contradiction. It is a rule of Ambush.

The Ambush unit, when Assaulted is automatically flipped Inactive when it is Assaulted. There is no rule that says an Ambushed unit cannot be Assaulted while concealed. It cannot be the target of a Firing Action and cannot be affected by a Template, but there is no rule that says it cannot be assaulted. It just flips to unconcealed when that happens.

You are over-thinking a general rules chart that is designed to handle multiple instances of a Move Action. Some units move within ClearLoS of a concealed unit with no intention of assaulting that unit, but that does not stop the unit being revealed. The fact that such a mechanics happens in the same phase an the other mechanic that says an Assault can be triggered is just a coincidence of the Movement rules — both those things happen at the end of a normal movement.

There are two different events: A) The Ambush unit is in ClearLoS of a unit that just moved, and B) The unit is Ambushed by an enemy unit. Both of those two events must (by the rules) happen at the end of the enemy units Movement. So while those two events are in the same point of the rules for Movement, they are not related to each other.

Pages: 1