Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
HEROES OF NORMANDIE: what's the "#10 coloured in red" random strategy token meaning?
HEROES OF NORMANDIE: what's the "#10 coloured in red" random strategy token meaning? Posted on [22/07/2021] à 21:05

Hi guys & girls of the community…

Here comes another silly questions of mine…

It is the following:

"What's the random bonus tactic/strategy token which reports a red coloured number ten on its main face?"

Why it is not present inside the core box of HoN and neither inside its expansions?

And again, why the rulebooks and the scenario book state that it has to be considered as worthy a cool "10 victory points"… But it is not present at all, and each main box's mission setup states to leave it inside the box too?!?

Was it a token that, before the printing, was cancelled from the line of products, or such thing?

Can someone give us more info about that token? It's a kinda curious/strange thing… This one.

HEROES OF NORMANDIE: what's the "#10 coloured in red" random strategy token meaning? Posted on [22/07/2021] à 21:16

I think this token came with the older printings of the D-Day expansion, if I remember correctly. I don’t know why it got removed.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

HEROES OF NORMANDIE: what's the "#10 coloured in red" random strategy token meaning? Posted on [23/07/2021] à 03:44

I have never heard of it. I did not get one in my copy of D-Day. Was your box the English or French version of the box set?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

HEROES OF NORMANDIE: what's the "#10 coloured in red" random strategy token meaning? Posted on [25/07/2021] à 07:05

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [23/07/2021] à 03:44

I have never heard of it. I did not get one in my copy of D-Day. Was your box the English or French version of the box set?

I have the Italian and English version… It has that "10 victory points red coloured" depicted everywhere in each single.mission and between the different types of randomizable strategical tokens… The others, tbe token that gives you a card extra, that one that grants you to keep the iniziative and the otbers are all present… Only that one is not… Even if it is supposed to be between the box's materials!!!

It is strange that in my box it is not present as it is not in yours, but the rulebooks & missions' book do consider it available!!!

It is also said to always leave it in the box in EACH mission!!! As it is the long list of cards such as "precision", "It bounced off" and ALL the Airplanes and Artillery Support cards!!! I mean… Why then they lut those cards inside it, if the mission book ALWAYS says to draw them out from your decks and put them in the box?!? Very weird thing, IMHO…

What do you think about it?

HEROES OF NORMANDIE: what's the "#10 coloured in red" random strategy token meaning? Posted on [25/07/2021] à 07:13

Quote from bartdevuyst on [22/07/2021] à 21:16

I think this token came with the older printings of the D-Day expansion, if I remember correctly. I don’t know why it got removed.

I would answer to you the same things I posted in response to Dunwich's answer… If you like to do so, go and read my response: your curiosity will be answered… By the way… That token was a cool one,.I don't understand why they cancelled it. As I do not undestand why in EACH mission setup ALWAYS it is said to put it aside, along with ALL THE ARTILLERY AND CAS AIR SUPPORT CARDS, and some of other cards (everytime the same cards, nevertheless)!!!

Kinda weird, right? What's your thought about it?

I usually proxed it with other tokens, when I felt the need to use it.

I am planning a scenario or two into which it could be useful…

HEROES OF NORMANDIE: what's the "#10 coloured in red" random strategy token meaning? Posted on [25/07/2021] à 10:47

The older version of the player generated beach landings refers to that 10-point token, if I remember correctly.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Pages: 1