Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Lieutenants and Sergeants
Lieutenants and Sergeants Posted on [16/07/2021] à 23:31

Why don’t these leader tiles have the suppression ability? I’m wondering because their illustration usually shows them armed with a MP 40 or Thompson SMG. Those individual options provide the Suppression ability if bought separately.

Thanks ahead for your response.

Gordon Dragicevic

Lieutenants and Sergeants Posted on [19/07/2021] à 23:18

the simplest answer is because officers with submachine guns do not have ammo bearers carrying a large pack of reloads.

An officer does not have the bandwidth to just sit and lay down cover fire for an extended period of time, whereas for the BAR team that is their main role. He is too busy directing the men and keeping an eye on the tactical situation.

I do not recall the caliber of an MP40 right now, so I will leave off the difference between firing a bunch of pistol rounds vs. firing a prolonged stream of powerful rifle rounds.

That is all rolled into the stats and abilities of the units.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Lieutenants and Sergeants Posted on [20/07/2021] à 15:29

Thanks for the reply, I assumed the same before to your point as well but wondered why when the characters bought a MP 40 or Thompson option they now had the suppression option when using that weapon. If Ludwig for example, bought the MP 40 option, he could now suppress the enemy with that weapon….no? If you suggest that it’s because it’s a hero using that weapon then I’ll have no choice but to agree with you. 😀

I look forward to your response, thank you.

Gordon Dragicevic

Lieutenants and Sergeants Posted on [21/07/2021] à 07:19

Quote from Ustasha on [20/07/2021] à 15:29

..when the characters bought a MP 40 or Thompson option they now had the suppression option when using that weapon….If you suggest that it’s because it’s a hero using that weapon then I’ll have no choice but to agree with you.

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/07/2021] à 23:18

An officer does not have the bandwidth to just sit and lay down cover fire for an extended period of time, whereas for the BAR team that is their main role. He is too busy directing the men and keeping an eye on the tactical situation.

So pretty much, yes. Also, you spent points for that ability, which the officer apparently did not 😉

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages: 1