Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Different Urban Fighter Icons?
What is the difference ?!? Posted on [08/07/2021] à 08:52

May someone explain me what is the difference between the icons "Urban Fighter" that I find into the manuals and rules compendium of Heroes of Normandie/Stalingrad… And the "black&white" icon that appears onto the SASHA recruitment tile?!? Do they work differently,bor are they the same skill (Urban Fighter)… And how that skill works, correctly?!?

If you help, thanks alot in advance.

Bye…

What is the difference ?!? Posted on [08/07/2021] à 09:42

I don't have Sasha, but from the pictures on the site, it looks like it's in color ?

Anyway, Urban Fighter "simply" allows units to go through windows in buildings. It's a permanent version of the card of the same name.

What is the difference ?!? Posted on [08/07/2021] à 12:05

It's the same.

Older versions of the Urban Fighter special ability icon had the arrow in white/grey, whereas the newer version, as seen on Sasha, has the arrow in blue as it refers to Movement.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

What is the difference ?!? Posted on [08/07/2021] à 13:33

changing the icon does help tie all movement abilities together, which helps with the "language" of the set as a whole.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

What is the difference ?!? Posted on [26/07/2021] à 19:55

Quote from bartdevuyst on [08/07/2021] à 12:05

It's the same.

Older versions of the Urban Fighter special ability icon had the arrow in white/grey, whereas the newer version, as seen on Sasha, has the arrow in blue as it refers to Movement.

Does the rule of Urban Fighter imply that once they enter by a window, we could place or we have to place a hole/debris marker ?!? I mean… In so many cases the urban fight implies the use of granades or rams to breach through doors, walls and windows… As often we see in news coming from the middle east or in war movies like "Enemy at the gates"… Where one of the character gets shot down through a breach in a wall… Made using mauls, granades or explosives, like those used by the Police SWAT teams in many cases…

What is the difference ?!? Posted on [26/07/2021] à 20:43

No, breach markers are an alternative way to destruct buildings. See it has making large holes in a wall, so much that the integrity of the building is no longer intact.

Urban Fighter is the Hollywood equivalent of jumping through the window’s glass. :mrgreen:

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

What is the difference ?!? Posted on [27/07/2021] à 04:30

Quote from bartdevuyst on [26/07/2021] à 20:43

No, breach markers are an alternative way to destruct buildings. See it has making large holes in a wall, so much that the integrity of the building is no longer intact.

Urban Fighter is the Hollywood equivalent of jumping through the window’s glass. :mrgreen:

Ah ah ah…

I see the scene from Hollywood movies… With the Rock or Van Damme throwing themselves through the glassed windows like a train…

However nothing prevents to consider, from that "breach" onwards, the fact that such window ie now broken somehow allowing also non "urban fighters" elements to use it as a secondary/new access… Maybe using the modern debris tokens as tokens with no structural points value (then, returning back to use older tokens debris to keep trace of the damages gained by structures and the newer ones to show where "walls' breaches are made).

I would like to remember that in Stalingrad, quite often, the troops did holes willingly in the walls, to create "bottlenecks" into which to place HMGs, Snipers, booby traps and so on…

Those holes where also created to pass ammo and lanch granades from room to room…

I saw also a documentary regarding the war in the balkans, which took place in the late 90s; into which a renown modern art museum and public institute, was severely damaged properly due to such foxholes and booby traps or wall openings created to fulfill those objectives I said some line above…

The token itself could be used to allow troops with no knife icons onto them, to start a melee brawl, prior that such attack type takes place inside the town buildings, or the trenches dug out in the town itself. It is also kinda suited for the battle for Stalingrad since it took place in an heavily struck, by bombers and artillery barrages, environment…

Then, it was easier to find improper weapons such as bare hands, teeth, headbutts or strokes given using brickd, planks or depleted guns and such…

It was called "Stalin's Meatgrinder" for a reason…

Pages: 1