Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3
[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha
[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 01:16

You can find the boards HERE.

Please post comments here so we can collect them all.

I will collect the new entries outstanding since the June 9th update.

Please check this list before posting.

General note: Should Command Team ambush sides have so many command indicators on them? It makes them pretty easy to spot.

Terrain OB5-B

– Is incorrectly named OB4-B, but the terrain is not the same as OB4-B

Punchboard BO-01 Front

– .30 Cal has Engineer special ability (but not the minesweeper ability). D-Day version has neither ability.

Punchboard BO-02 Front

– Ranger Gunner's Substitute special ability icon uses old skull style.

For the "old" Rangers (with Cpt. M.Pepper") the "GEAR x5" Option was 30 points worth. Is it intended to change the costs to 20 points?

Punchboard BO-02 Back

– Ranger Gunner's Substitute special ability icon uses old skull style.

– Both German Air Command options should be flipped, apparently you flipped them along with the US backs so now the German backs are wrong 🙂

– Focke-Wulf has AA icon in wrong spot and is missing the label "SC 500 x2" which appears on the front.

Punchboard BO-03 Front

– 29st Landing should be 29th Landing.

Punchboard BO-03 Back

– 29st Landing should be 29th Landing.

Punchboard BO-04 Front

– Festungskompanie Gunner's Substitute special ability icon uses old skull style.

Punchboard BO-04 Back

– Festungskompanie Gunner's Substitute special ability icon uses old skull style.

– Ambush side of Pak 40 and 7.5cm Leig back side should be flipped.

– Divisionstab recruitment tile has the order of the stripes patterns reversed.

Punchboard BO-05 Front

LCA should be LCVP (Landing Craft Vehicle/Personnel). LCA were the British counterpart. Reference Also called a "Higgins Boat".

Punchboard BO-05 Back

LCA should be LCVP (Landing Craft Vehicle/Personnel).

Punchboard BO-06 Front

Punchboard BO-06 Back

Punchboard BO-07 Back

– Damage markers for Heavy vehicles all use the old "Flip on Wound" icon.

Punchboard BO-08 Front

– Panzergruppe Gear option "Tank Gears" should be "Tank Gear"

PANZER-AUFKLÄRUNGS ABTEILUNG 2 – 2.PANZER DIV. is missing a space character between "2." and "PANZER DIV."

– The officer of PANZER-AUFKLÄRUNG should be "OL Siebert" or "OLt. Siebert" for Oberleutnant and not "OB Siebert"

The number of German units of regiments, battalions, abteilung and below is always behind the name and without a dot. So it should be PANZERGRUPPE – PANZER ABTEILUNG II – PZ REG. 3 – 2. PZ DIV.

Here is the stuff fixed in the June 9th update:

Spoiler :

Punchboard BO-04 Front

– Should Festungskompanie Gunner units have Move 4 when D-Day versions were Move 3?

– Since the Spotter is now a generic German unit, it should have the balkenkreuz instead of the 352nd insignia.

Punchboard BO-04 Back

– Granatwerfer has wrong Change of State icon, should have the slash through it.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 01:17

I will start off with a few things:

LANDING "decoy" units likely do not follow normal Breakpoint rules as they have their own, unique impact on morale.

Rangers are elite troops. They may not seem to follow the "normal" drop in force when getting wounded, but this is by design.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 01:48

Thanks for moving these! Tell me, are there similar previews for the BRO box that we can go over on these forums? I like avoiding errata whenever possible, if there’s still time to contribute.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 02:07

I found a list from a Kickstarter backer (Edward) in the comments of the update. Here are items not already covered:

Spoiler :

BPBO-01

– Front: Explosive M1 image is cut off

– Front: The landing unit selection board is missing 3 morale (Red XXX)

– Front: Should the German Panzerschreck unit have a red boarder (both the selection option token and the unit token) as it is a heavy weapon?

– Back: Landing unit selection board missing a big red 3 for victory points and 3 red XXX for morale

BPBO-02

– Front and Back: The ranger's Support Squad is worth 60 points on the Front, but is called .30 cal Squad worth 5 VP and 50 points on the back … which is correct?

– Front: The Rangers Gears option should be called "Gear"

– Back: All 4 units in the Landing team are missing the suppression token and range symbols.

BPBO-03

– Front and Back: The 116th is missing a Support team.

– Back: The landing selection board is missing the 3 red XXX on the back

BPBO-04

– Back: All 4 Support Options are missing the red XXs for morale (or Red X for artillery spotter) on the back

BPBO-07

– Front: Tank Gears should say Tank Gear

(Edited to keep a consistent format – Moderator)

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 04:21

Spoiler :

Board 2 option tile front Support Squad cost 60/back side listed as 30 Cal Squad cost 50. 2 different squads on the same tile!

Board 3 option tile front Assault squad cost 55/back Assault Squad cost 50.

option tile front Bazooka Squad cost 45/back Bazooka Squad cost 55.

Board 4 option tile Front Defense Group cost 50/back Defense Group cost 45.

unit/terrain tile? front Minefield cost 50/back Minefield cost 25

Board 5 front L Craft # 01, 03, 05/back L Craft #56, 34,12 matching Landing Craft number on Back of Board 6.

Board 7 option tile front M4A3 (105) Sherman cost 60/back M4A3 (105) Sherman cost blank.

vehicle tile front M4A3 (105) Sherman no numbers in the four squares left of the rear armor value, just yellow stars.

Board 8 gear tile front Panzerschreck cost 20/back Panzerschreck cost 15.

garry

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 04:22

Quote from Bokrug on [07/05/2021] à 01:20

Board BPBO-01

– What is the ‘0’ above the Engineer recruitment slot on board 1? Are you saying anything that goes in there is free?

Not an Error. Also, correct!

Quote from Bokrug on [07/05/2021] à 01:20

Board BPBO-07

– I feel like the generic MG 42 should also be designated “HMG” on both the recruitment and unit tile, the same way they are on board 4.

Not an Error. The MG42 on BPBO-07 is not in the heavy tripod mounts, but instead uses the more mobile bipod. That is why it is not an HMG.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 04:35

Quote from Idiots.Inc on [07/05/2021] à 02:07

I found a list from a Kickstarter backer (Edward) in the comments of the update.

BPBO-01

– Front: Explosive M1 image is cut off

Not an Error. This is not an issue, the graphic is just a bit low quality to see that the explosives are in a pack.

Quote from Idiots.Inc on [07/05/2021] à 02:07

BPBO-01

– Front: The landing unit selection board is missing 3 morale (Red XXX)

– Back: Landing unit selection board missing a big red 3 for victory points and 3 red XXX for morale

BPBO-03

– Back: The landing selection board is missing the 3 red XXX on the back

BPBO-02

– Back: The injured Rangers Fire team should have a +1 for yellow targets not +2 if it is consistent with the Combat Engineers Fire team.

Not Errors. I addressed these already, at the top of the thread.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 04:50

Quote from garrycooper101 on [07/05/2021] à 04:21

Board BPBO-05

– Front: Landing Craft # 01, 03, 05/back L Craft #56, 34,12 matching Landing Craft number on Back of Board 6.

That might be deliberate, since it would be a good way to assign a unit to a landing craft. Roll a d6 and put the unit in 12 on a 1-2, 34 on a 3-4, and 56 on a 5-6. I will ask.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 04:53

Board BPBO-07

– vehicle tile front M4A3 (105) Sherman no numbers in the four squares left of the rear armor value, just yellow stars.

Not an Error. Since the main gun is an Indirect Fire attack, the combat values are on the template. That is why the icon is in each combat value tag.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 06:00

BPBO-04

Front Minefield cost 50/back Minefield cost 25

Not an Error. The other side is a less expensive option with less mines.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 08:06

Board BPBO-03

– Back: Lt. Hawks should be flipped vertically.

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 09:36

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [07/05/2021] à 01:16

Board BPBO-04

Should the ‘9’ in Mauser R9 really be in red?

I for one love the little touch of the red 9 for the C96 and hope this does not get changed! 😀

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 17:37

Battle pack Punchboards UPDATED Thank's to you :mrgreen:

Alors oui je fait des fautes d’orthographes mais il faut bien que je m’exprime non ?

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 22:23

On board 1, the backs of the Assault and Support Squad recruitment tiles should have the red morale squares removed.

Also on board 1, the back of the Landing group recruitment tile should be darkened with 3 victory points shown (and red boxes removed), similar to the one on board 3.

On board 4, should the Turmstellung block line of sight even when not destroyed?

Also on board 4, I’m surprised the Mauser R9 has a range of 7, I would think it to be a 4 (it being a pistol, and 9mm having a shorter range than the standard caliber). Assuming this is the model I think it is…

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [07/05/2021] à 23:25

Quick response Yann!

Here is what I found this time around:

B1-back: position has different stats on the beach and hedgerow sides, probably intentional but thought I would mention it

B3-Back: Hawks needs to be flipped vertically

B4-Front: are Festungskompanie gunners supposed to have a movement of 4?

B8-Front: Panzergruppe option "tank gears" should be "tank gear"

B8-Front: all Aufklaerungs infantry have 4 move except the panzershreck

B8-Back: Panzergruppe main tile has the panzer names in the wrong spots

Thanks for the hard work on the punchboards!

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [08/05/2021] à 07:53

Quote from Bokrug on [07/05/2021] à 22:23

On board 4, should the Turmstellung block line of sight even when not destroyed?

The Turmstellung in a Vehicle, so it automatically blocks all LoS.

Also on board 4, I’m surprised the Mauser R9 has a range of 7, I would think it to be a 4 (it being a pistol, and 9mm having a shorter range than the standard caliber). Assuming this is the model I think it is…

It is a good point… (Oh, BTW, the nickname of the pistol is the "red nine", from the big, red 9 carved in the grip, which answers a previous question…)

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [08/05/2021] à 09:34

I put a bit more time in and here are a couple more:

B1-front: Should the flamer unit have 4 move?

B1-both sides: should the combat engineer fire teams have a +0 to heavy vehicle damage?

B2-Front: The two ranger recruitment options both have a foggy white filter over their gunners unit image

B2-Back: The Ranger recruitment tile is missing the lower tile order star that is next to the cost (like on the front)

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [09/05/2021] à 06:40

Quote from Idiots.Inc on [08/05/2021] à 09:34

B1-both sides: should the combat engineer fire teams have a +0 to heavy vehicle damage?

Combat Engineers have always had +0 vs Heavy Vehicles. It was that way in D-Day as well.

Oh, and thanks for spotting some really tricky little errors. Great catches!

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [09/05/2021] à 20:15

I found some more, but several of these I am not sure if they really need to be changed. These boards are looking so good now!

(Aesthetic) B1 & B8 fronts: The panzershreck tokens have a different order of special ability icons compared to the BRO bazookas, and panzershrecks from other sets. They are (bottom to top) Ambush, range, pen, and destruction compared to the "normal" Ambush, pen, range, destruction.

B2 front: Should the Ranger's Gunners be the only ranger's unit with 6 defense?

B2 Front: ranger's Recon has +0 to light vehicle attack when store page "US Rangers" Recon units have +1

B2 Back: Ranger's Fire and Support groups have the same wounded attack spreads of +2, +1, X. The fire group's stays the same to their unwounded side while the supports go down. Intentional?

B4 Front: MG 42 HMG groups have a +0 to infantry attack while in the store image of D-Day they have +1

B5 Front & Back: L.C.A. have heavy armor attack of +1, while D-day ones have X

B7 Front: M10A1 has 4 move, while the one included in the 4th armored recon squad has 5

(Aesthetic) B8: Panther has different order to main gun special ability markers compared to 1st SS and GE 21eme PZ. It is (Left to right) Pen, Destruction and, is in the other sets Destruction, Pen.

Considering how nit-picky some of these are I hope we found all the big errors!

PS. I didn't see a response to the B1 flamer with 4 move, just wanna be sure it doesn't get missed. Thanks Nostradunwhich for organizing this whole thread!

[BRO] Preview of Bloody Omaha Posted on [09/05/2021] à 22:44

Two things found by Discord User McJakub:

B4-Front: The infantry on both the Pak 40 and 7.5 cm Leig 18 Gun are bigger than on the other tiles

B8-Front: The recon units do not have the scout ability (the recruitment tile even still shows them as having it)

Pages: 1 2 3