Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Fighting in towns: windows, ZoCs, and scouts
Fighting in towns: windows, ZoCs, and scouts Posted on [18/04/2021] à 12:59

Yesterday I gave a spin with a friend to mission 5 and we had an hell of a time. The rules are great and playing is smooth and fast even as we ramp up with the number of units in game.

However, as it always is the case, we came up with a few doubts while playing, namely:

1) How does the "scout" ability works when a unit is not deployed at the start of the game, but enters later as a reinforcement?

In this case, the German has some units with the scout ability entering in the supply phase of the second turn. We didn't know what make of the ability, and we made them enter the board regularly.

2) In this situation

can the German unit with the "1" order marker move down a square and enter the ZoC of the Soviet unit in the room on the bottom? In an open field I'd say no, but I'm not sure how does it work here, as rooms change things a bit.

3) In this other situation:

have the German units LoS to each other?

Thanks in advance for any help! 🙂

Fighting in towns: windows, ZoCs, and scouts Posted on [18/04/2021] à 14:41

1) The Scout rules say that this ability only works during deployment. Some scenarios might say otherwise.

2) Zone of Control is restricted by a building’s walls. When a unit is on a square that’s pointed at with blue arrows (a door) it’s ZoC extends to the squares that are pointed at by those arrows. See HoS rulebook page 12.

So in your example, the German unit can move to that lower room.

3) Yes, those units have clear LoS.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Fighting in towns: windows, ZoCs, and scouts Posted on [18/04/2021] à 14:56

Thank you Bartdevuyst, then we played it right.

However, I have still a doubt related to #2. If get correctly how things work, a unit cannot move within an enemy unit's ZoC but can move from an enemy unit's ZoC straight into another enemy ZoC (as it is the case in #2 there).

Do I have this right?

Fighting in towns: windows, ZoCs, and scouts Posted on [18/04/2021] à 15:23

Exactly, you can move from one ZoC to another adjacent ZoC. As long as you do not move within the same ZoC you’re good.

☠☠☠ Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Fighting in towns: windows, ZoCs, and scouts Posted on [18/04/2021] à 15:24

Excellent! Thank you very much! 🙂

Pages: 1