Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
v2.0 Paratrooper Cards?
v2.0 Paratrooper Cards? Posted on [01/04/2021] à 01:38

I own complete v1 decks for the US, Germany and the UK, including all the paratrooper cards and options for each deck (as well as the commando cards for the UK). I also have a v2 Germany deck from HoS.

I backed the BR1 kickstarter, which comes with v2 decks for the US and Germany. My question is, will there be a way to get just the v2 paratrooper cards and options for the US and Germany decks?

I understand they are included in the optional add-on decks, but that would require me to add entire redundant US and Germany decks (I'd end up with three v2 Germany decks… HoS, BR1, add-on) just to get these extra cards. I can see these complete decks being useful for those who chose the Cowboy pledge, but for others like myself, not so much. DPG, can we have these paratrooper cards offered separately in the pledge manager please?

I'm also hoping the v2 UK (with paratrooper and commando cards and options) and FFI decks will be in the pledge manager. 🙂

v2.0 Paratrooper Cards? Posted on [01/04/2021] à 05:25

The Add-on decks were the ones printed for the Pigs Back from Hell kickstarter, so they are already a pre-packaged unit that comes with the V2 deck and the paratroop cards. The paratroop cards are not current offered as a separate option.

I have no idea what will or will not be in the PM. It will partly depend on where you are — EU backers will have options from DPG's available inventory, but there is currently not a US warehouse, so options for North American backers will be limited. DPG is reviewing what they will print concurrently with the KS, so there will be some options, but no idea what.

As for the rest, I am not trying to dismiss your point of view, you know what is important to you. I am just going to offer a perspective for consideration:

+ If you already had HoN V1, why didn't you do the Cowboy pledge and then add the add-on decks? It would have gotten you all the stretch-goals, and all the updated stuff for 15 euro less than the Big Joe pledge. It also would have gotten you your paratroop cards, at least for the Germans and Americans.

+ While you can still use the V1 decks, the V2 decks offer a fair amount of improvement. No cards need to be removed from a deck for a scenario, since any "corner case" cards that might not apply to a given scenario now provide an Alternate Bonus that will be of use to you on a given round of play.

+ The V2 deck from HoS is a bit different than the HoN V2 deck. Partly this is thematic (it is 1941, not 1944) and partly it is theater-specific. The mix of cards is a bit different, the 5 faction cards are fairly unique per deck, and the Alternate Bonus mix is different between the decks. They certainly share a functional core, just as the US and German deck share the same functional core, but they are a bit tuned to their given games.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

v2.0 Paratrooper Cards? Posted on [01/04/2021] à 14:10

If you previously own all the paratroopers cards, those are already in V2!

Not the back, but the cards content is V2.

So you can easily play with them as long as you use cards sleeves! 😉

Free from Father Clément's tips !

:mrgreen:

v2.0 Paratrooper Cards? Posted on [01/04/2021] à 17:17

Quote from cdmdu on [01/04/2021] à 14:10

Not the back, but the cards content is V2.

So you can easily play with them as long as you use cards sleeves! 😉

Free from Father Clément's tips !

:mrgreen:

Yes that's correct.

v2.0 Paratrooper Cards? Posted on [01/04/2021] à 22:59

Wow. I had completely forgotten that. Thanks, folks!

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

v2.0 Paratrooper Cards? Posted on [02/04/2021] à 17:04

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [01/04/2021] à 05:25

If you already had HoN V1, why didn't you do the Cowboy pledge and then add the add-on decks?

I don’t know… I was a bit confused about what to get exactly so just went with the default option. I assumed it included stuff I don’t have. For example, won’t the terrain boards be different than HoN v1? I guess it’s too late to change now.

Quote from cdmdu on [01/04/2021] à 14:10

Really? The images in the previous Kickstarter appear to have different alternate options on the paratrooper cards. My cards came with the paratrooper expansions I bought years ago, before v2 was even a thing.

v2.0 Paratrooper Cards? Posted on [03/04/2021] à 09:47

Quote from rubasurex on [02/04/2021] à 17:04

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [01/04/2021] à 05:25

If you already had HoN V1, why didn't you do the Cowboy pledge and then add the add-on decks?

I don’t know… I was a bit confused about what to get exactly so just went with the default option. I assumed it included stuff I don’t have. For example, won’t

Actually, exactly the opposite. The terrain boards have to stay the same so that the new core box is compatible with all published scenarios. The one thing above all that could not change was the terrain.

v2.0 Paratrooper Cards? Posted on [03/04/2021] à 09:48

My cards came with the paratrooper expansions I bought years ago, before v2 was even a thing.

If you have not been hanging out on the forums, I suppose that might seem the case, but V2 card design has been a thing since Shadows Over Normandie (2015).

v2.0 Paratrooper Cards? Posted on [03/04/2021] à 20:55

Really? The images in the previous Kickstarter appear to have different alternate options on the paratrooper cards.

Yes, they are a bit different. The Alternate Bonuses were shifted around a bit, but the count of each type remained the same.

Pages: 1