Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Heroes of Valedor - News?
Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [03/02/2021] à 09:16

Hello,

I was searching some news about "Heroes of Valedor" project.

Does someone have any info ?

Is it still in process ?

Edit: I was on an english forum, I keep my original post but I translated some in the apropriate language.

Bonjour,

Je cherche l'état d'avancement du projet "Heroes of Valedor", mais pas facile de trouver des infos. 🙁

Quelqu'un en aurait ?

J'ai conscience qu'avec la pandémie tout est chamboulé, c'est juste pour savoir où ça en est et/ou si c'est toujours d'actualité 🙂

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [04/02/2021] à 14:00

No official word in some time.

I suspect it will not get produced.

Heroes of Black Reach seems to be selling at discount everywhere so perhaps there is less demand for 40K style games?

Heroes of Black Reach is how I found the system and it is the reason I purchased every expansion I could find.

I think fan made content is the future of 40K content?

I hope I am wrong and after the Big Red One campaign there will be some news on this.

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [04/02/2021] à 15:36

Heroes of Black Reach is how I found the system and it is the reason I purchased every expansion I could find.

Just like me.

I hope it's not cancelled.

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [17/02/2021] à 22:11

Honestly given the fact that the Drop Pod P500 is over a year late and they have to keep running other things like the Big Red 1 version of HoN for DPG to even remain solvent, I wouldn't hold your breath on anything past what they got funding for. And I definitely wouldn't give them money for any sort of pre order at this point.

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [13/03/2021] à 18:22

Any news on this ?

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [15/03/2021] à 19:47

Might still happen. Who knows. With this company I've kinda just learned to check inn every half year or so 😀

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [15/03/2021] à 23:23

Quote from grugin on [13/03/2021] à 18:22

Any news on this ?

Unless it enters retail (Not PreOrder) assume it's dead. It was a month since I said this last, and it's still the same. Outside of a few people no one has received the P500 from 2 years ago. HoBR is dead. Period. The Drop Pod Expansion is the swan song, if you missed it, you missed it. I wouldn't expect it to ever show up on store.

Being honest I wouldn't be surprised if GW pulled the license from a company that exists on paper, giving them permission to run/distribute what they took money for but nothing else. They can't sell excess copies, they can't develop anything else.

Worst case is the same as above, but they can't actually run/distribute the p500 and people who jumped in on that (like me) are Shit out of Luck and down what we paid with nothing ever coming. It is *well* past any hope of disputed charges, and DPG would never refund money if it meant they would actually go bankrupt.

Hope for the Best: If you did the P500 for Dropods we get that, and nothing else. Assume the worst: We get nothing and our money is long gone. But in either case Heroes of Valedor is not happening, and you should not give DPG money for a P500 for it. They *can't* actually run a KS for the project, and a P500 was likely them sidestepping that. I would never expect them to get away with it twice, or give money to them for it.

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [19/03/2021] à 18:13

Quote from Westonard on [17/02/2021] à 22:11

Honestly given the fact that the Drop Pod P500 is over a year late and they have to keep running other things like the Big Red 1 version of HoN for DPG to even remain solvent, I wouldn't hold your breath on anything past what they got funding for. And I definitely wouldn't give them money for any sort of pre order at this point.

TBF there are many, many indie games companies out there who have to run a KS to "remain solvent". Basically it's how they raise capital to produce each printed product.

It's not like there aren't a bunch of reprint KS every year, even for successful games.

But I agree that it will happen when/if it happens and there is probably no plan. At the moment the best you can do is keep asking so that they know that there is some interest.

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [19/03/2021] à 18:18

Quote from Westonard on [15/03/2021] à 23:23

Worst case is the same as above, but they can't actually run/distribute the p500 and people who jumped in on that (like me) are Shit out of Luck and down what we paid with nothing ever coming. It is *well* past any hope of disputed charges, and DPG would never refund money if it meant they would actually go bankrupt.

I can't imagine any IP contract under which DPG cannot distribute stock that they have already produced and have contracted to sell and received payment for.

Worst case is that they will have a deadline to sell any uncommitted stock that they have and no permission to print anything new.

Okay, worst, worst case is that they underprinted for the P500 and they aren't allowed to print any more to make up the difference and they don't ship it and they go under and can't refund you. But I don't see any reason why you won't get what you paid for if it's already printed and they remain solvent.

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [21/03/2021] à 02:07

Well, if you take a look into the rules from the P500 Bad Moon Addon there maybe is or at least was something planned for the future.

You will find there three classes of "Titans" with the "Stompa" beeing the smallest one. Eldar, tyranid and imperial ones are mentioned too.

So i hope we will see something in the future!

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [23/03/2021] à 13:35

Quote from Paul Holden on [19/03/2021] à 18:18

I can't imagine any IP contract under which DPG cannot distribute stock that they have aly produced and have contracted to sell and received payment for.

Worst case is that they will have a deadline to sell any uncommitted stock that they have and no permission to print anything new.

Okay, worst, worst case is that they underprinted for the P500 and they aren't allowed to print any more to make up the difference and they don't ship it and they go under and can't refund you. But I don't see any reason why you won't get what you paid for if it's already printed and they remain solvent.

I think it would depend on how GW took their running a P500 for funding for the Drop Pods. GW doesn't allow Kickstarter or similar forms of crowd sourced funding for their IPs. A P500 isn't technically crowd sourced funding as much as a pre-order with a threshold of so many units ordered to be made. It's a very grey area and GW could very well have decided that DPG acted in bad faith to their license agreement by doing that.

It's probably more likely that they are letting DPG fulfill the P500 because they can't actually afford to give refunds, but there is not going to be anything else, and no reproduction of existing content because the license is pulled.

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [23/03/2021] à 15:24

@Westonard

Agreed, that would make sense.

I'm really not sure about the IP deal. You'd think that IP owners would pay close attention to any possible reputational damage but other examples I know of seem to suggest that it's really not the case, they just want the most money then can for a license. So I'm pretty sure renewal must be in doubt but not so much on any early retraction of the license, unless GW have another company lined up that wants it, in which case I guess they could try to use the P500 as an excuse to "foreclose".

All that said given how long it is now since HoBR was first on the radar renewal time may not be that far off…

… so yeah, I'm not expecting anything else to arrive for HoBR unfortunately 🙁

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [23/03/2021] à 19:33

Quote from Westonard on [23/03/2021] à 13:35

I think it would depend on how GW took their running a P500 for funding for the Drop Pods. GW doesn't allow Kickstarter or similar forms of crowd sourced funding for their IPs. A P500 isn't technically crowd sourced funding as much as a pre-order with a threshold of so many units ordered to be made. It's a very grey area and GW could very well have decided that DPG acted in bad faith to their license agreement by doing that.

A couple of things here…

The original HoBR release was ALL a Pre-order. Every product released for HoBR has originally been a pre-order.

Second, you are reading a lot into a licensing contract you know nothing about. I know it is popular on the Internet to do it, but before you start accusing a company of bad faith perhaps you should have some evidence.

Do you have any sales number on HoBR compared to other HSTS lines, or even against projections when the project started? In other words, do you have any data on the demand that would warrant a second WH40K project in the first place?

Do you have any information on the actual terms of the contract with GW? Any idea on the license fee that might be expected and which might warrant not running a WH40K licensed product at a time when the company is just getting back on its feet?

Do you have visibility into DPG's workload so that you can clearly state they have the spare capacity to take on yet another project while trying to finish fulfilling a bunch of outstanding orders and also launch a re-release of their flagship product? A product whose sale also drives the sales of the majority of their product line?

I don't have visibility into these things, but I do understand them as potential factors. Not "evidence", just potential factors. I know that does not help the product your particularly want get into your hands, but sometimes such things happen.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Heroes of Valedor - News ? Posted on [26/03/2021] à 09:43

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [23/03/2021] à 19:33

Do you have any sales number on HoBR compared to other HSTS lines, or even against projections when the project started? In other words, do you have any data on the demand that would warrant a second WH40K project in the first place?

Turns out this one is a factor. Bart pointed out elsewhere an interview (in French) where DPG mentioned that HoBR did not sell as well as hoped, so HoV is risky at this point in their recovery.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Heroes of Valedor - News? Posted on [28/03/2021] à 14:52

So where does this stand as far as fan made content?

Is is going to be illegal for fans to produce and distribute free content online?

15mm Warhammer 40K is something there is a demand for, and this game fills that niche quite nicely. Without the minis, but with all the flavor and more streamlined rules.

It is a real shame that this fell victim to low sales after only 2 factions became reality.

Reminds me of a certain TV show.

Pages: 1