Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Civillians Point Costs?
Civillians Point Costs? Posted on [15/01/2021] à 08:49

I have several civilians now but I don't know how many points they are worth.

If I want to integrate them into my games, I would need some kind of recruitment tile. Also: they have very different abilities and some of them can't do anything useful in battle while others should cost some points.

Are there any house rules for the point costs of civilians?

Civillians Point Costs? Posted on [15/01/2021] à 13:10

The new Cthulhu Mythos Call #3 includes two recruitment options for the FFI which let you buy civilians (bottom right): https://www.devil-pig-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Web-CMC3-3-recto-730×949.jpg

The rules are in that first link too, down below the punchboard previews.

So basically civilians cost 10 points each, and you can pick any ones you'd like (except for the Mayor or Priest, since they have their own recruitment tile).

You're right, some civilians are clearly better than others (ex: Gendarme vs Baker). I guess it's up to you to pick the better ones haha, unless you are making a thematic scenario.

Civillians Point Costs? Posted on [15/01/2021] à 15:44

Quote from Beatofen on [15/01/2021] à 08:49

Also: they have very different abilities and some of them can't do anything useful in battle while others should cost some points.

Every civilian can be useful in battle (though they shouldn't probably attack). They can spot hidden units, block movement or shooting LOS. What could be more annoying than to force someone to use an order to attack a measly civilian instead of a real target?

Civillians Point Costs? Posted on [15/01/2021] à 16:01

Quote from CthulhuStoleXmas on [15/01/2021] à 15:44

What could be more annoying than to force someone to use an order to attack a measly civilian instead of a real target?

Not to mention the ethical struggle on whether to kill civilians in the first place!

Civillians Point Costs? Posted on [17/01/2021] à 19:31

Quote from Quickle on [15/01/2021] à 16:01

Quote from CthulhuStoleXmas on [15/01/2021] à 15:44

What could be more annoying than to force someone to use an order to attack a measly civilian instead of a real target?

Not to mention the ethical struggle on whether to kill civilians in the first place!

Ok…

But if someone wants to recreate the Warsaw riots ? I want to do so and I'd to buy all the game's range stuff in order to be able to do that…

Civillians Point Costs? Posted on [18/01/2021] à 22:53

From what I've read on Wikipedia, I think you could use the FFI to represent the Jewish resistance. And you could use the unarmed Civilians to represent any unarmed Jewish civilians that were still in the area during the revolt. You could also use the Polish platoon from Gazette 5.

Pages: 1