Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
2.0 Double Fire + Machine Gunner + Fire on the Move
2.0 Double Fire + Machine Gunner + Fire on the Move Posted on [15/12/2020] à 15:22

Sorry for crossposting, I posted the same question on the Shadows over Normandie Forum but it appears to be rather dead so I'm hoping for some help in clarifying a few questions:

Double Fire + Machine Gunneer + Fire on the Move (SAS Jeep)

In the description of double fire it says: this unit can make two firing actions against two different targets.

The machine gunner ability allows you to split your shot between several targets that are in 2 squares to each other.

When I use double fire, do I keep the full +3 Attack Bonus for both targets that I'm shooting at or do I have to split the attack bonus due to the machine gunner ability?

I'm not really sure how to shoot with the jeeps as double fire and machine gunner seem to contradict each other.

How does it work with Fire on the Move? Can the Jeep also make two firing actions while moving due to its fire on the move and double fire speciality?

Am I able to shoot at more than two targets due to the machine gunner ability? Or does the Jeep always use double fire so that I can only target two enemies with the two shooting actions? Or am I allowed to further split down these shots (which seems incredibly overpowered consideres the low cost of the SAS Jeeps)

I'm sorry for the wall of text. Thanks a lot!

2.0 Double Fire + Machine Gunner + Fire on the Move Posted on [15/12/2020] à 16:09

It's a very specific example and I haven't tried it yet, but in my interpretation you can combine all three special abilities.

But don't shoot me if it's illegal. :mrgreen:

In this order, during a Movement Action:

1. Fire on the Move: for each roll during the following steps, reduce your combat value with the Fire on the Move penalty. In this example, the Jeep's Combat Value would become +2 (+3-1).

2. Double Fire: Choose the first target.

3. Machine Gunner: Split the Combat Value (+2) between targets near that first target. Machine Gunner ability forces you to apply at least a +1 to each sub-target, so here, each target, to a maximum of two, gets attacked with +1 (+2/2).

4. Repeat 2 and 3 for a second target. Because of Double Fire you cannot choose the same targets as first targeted with step 3.

Additionally, the Chevrolet 30CWT, also from the Desert Wrath expansion, also has the Dual Weapon special ability allowing you to roll two dice during a Firing Action. That car has two double Lewis machine guns… so rolling a lot seem appropriate. :mrgreen:

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

2.0 Double Fire + Machine Gunner + Fire on the Move Posted on [16/12/2020] à 03:33

Hello, I would agree with Bart's interpretation.

2.0 Double Fire + Machine Gunner + Fire on the Move Posted on [16/12/2020] à 09:31

Thank you a lot!

So when I just make a firing action (without moving)

would I be able to shoot at two different targets with the full Bonus of +3

or do I HAVE to split the +3 Bonus due to machine gunner (e.g. +2 first target, +1 second target) ?

In Barts Interpretation I would keep the full Bonus for each of the two firing actions and would be able to further split them down down optionally due to machine gunner?

Am I getting this right?

I need to know because I have a very important game against my wife 🙂

2.0 Double Fire + Machine Gunner + Fire on the Move Posted on [16/12/2020] à 11:59

You got that right, the sub-split of the Machine Gunner ability is optional.

While not moving and Double Fire you have two firing actions (on two different targets) of +3 each.

Or you could fire at six (!) targets (of the same type, i.e. infantry) with Machine Gunner + Double Fire. At +1 each, and no double targeting.

Or four targets (+2 and +1 for each of Double Fire's firing actions).

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

2.0 Double Fire + Machine Gunner + Fire on the Move Posted on [16/12/2020] à 14:50

Perfect! Thanks a lot!

2.0 Double Fire + Machine Gunner + Fire on the Move Posted on [16/12/2020] à 21:34

Quote from bartdevuyst on [15/12/2020] à 16:09

4. Repeat 2 and 3 for a second target. Because of Double Fire you cannot choose the same targets as first targeted with step 3.

Actually, I would say you cannot shoot at any target you shot at with your previous shot. Since the two targets were part of the first shot, they would both be out of bounds for the second shot.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

2.0 Double Fire + Machine Gunner + Fire on the Move Posted on [16/12/2020] à 21:35

Exactly! That's what I was trying to say. :mrgreen:

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Pages: 1