Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Make More Armies!
Make More Armies! Posted on [20/11/2020] à 23:44

I love this game! Any chance that there will be new factions added at some point? Tau??????

Make More Armies! Posted on [21/11/2020] à 08:39

Next set was supposed to be a new starter for Eldar and Nids, Heroes of Valedor. No idea if they still even have the rights as everything they announce seems to drag out for years and only see partial fullfillment. They just had to run their new game through Kolassal to hide it from Kickstaters one open campaign policy crackdown so I cant imagine they'll even be able to afford a restock let alone developement.

“Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets.”

Make More Armies! Posted on [22/11/2020] à 00:20

Quote from Nagash1959 on [21/11/2020] à 08:39

Next set was supposed to be a new starter for Eldar and Nids, Heroes of Valedor. No idea if they still even have the rights as everything they announce seems to drag out for years and only see partial fullfillment. They just had to run their new game through Kolassal to hide it from Kickstaters one open campaign policy crackdown so I cant imagine they'll even be able to afford a restock let alone developement.

While I agree, and am soured on DPG as a company as a whole your Kickstarter comment has no real bearing on the vaporware equivalent Heroes of Valedor if for no other reason than nothing licensed through Games Workshop will ever go through Kickstarter. The question about whether they still have the license is valid, and if the P500 money is just gone to pay DPG bills and other content and they are just hiding that while fighting off bankruptcy is a legitimate point. This is more a "Kickstarter has nothing to do with anything GW related and never will" point so it is kind of a bad example to use.

Also if you ever see something for a GW project or game on kickstarter know it will never see the light of day unless it's specifically by Games Workshop…and they have said they will never use crowd funding, and why would they when people pay $50 for 5 figurines.

Make More Armies! Posted on [22/11/2020] à 00:39

I wasn't implying they were going to put the game on kickstarter, you seem to have read something that wasn't there.

I was pointing out that DPG relies heavily on kickstarter to fund anything they do. They have almost no product left in the store and shipping rates have gone back through the roof. Now they cant run a KS for reprinting HoS. They cant run one to do the new edition of HoN core. They have to fulfil the cards first. So its a very important factor in the company's future or lack thereof.

Notice how they hid a campaign through Kolassal then managed to get their hands on early retail copies of Kolassals hot property even though it would have cost a ton of cash that they didnt have?

So yeah. Didnt say Heroes of Valedor was going to be on KS. I pointes out they *need* KS running multiple open campaigns just to break even. This crackdown will break the companies that rely on layered KS funding.

“Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets.”

Make More Armies! Posted on [22/11/2020] à 21:00

I have no information to provide beyond opinions.

I would like to see this system expanded and the Valedor game was something I was looking forward to.

It does not seem that energy is being directed in that direction at this time. There has been no information and it seems they are working on a game about movies?

My hope is that this property is sold to another company that can continue to develop it more.

It is always a bit of a bummer when one invests time and money in to a game only to have it dry up and be forgotten.

I also think kick starter is a common ingredient in many problems at various companies.

GW is wise to avoid it.

Still going to drop back here every week or so and perhaps some day there will be good news.

Make More Armies! Posted on [24/11/2020] à 09:34

If I've understood correctly HoBR wasn't as successful as was anticipated. Therefore I can easily understand why they have other priorities… It would be cool to have 1-2 more factions not to mention most of the 40k factions (we don't need 10 flavors of spehs marines though).

I can also understand that a company needs a steady flow of revenue especially in these times. That being said I have 0 interest in the b-movies game they made. O wish they could use the energy on other things, but at least it's not a huge or complex game.

Personally I don't think they 'hid behind Kolossal' to circumvent KS policy. I think they partnered so Kolossal can manage the campaign. I think we can all agree that while they can made good games, they sure as hell can't do good PR or maintain good communication.

Make More Armies! Posted on [24/11/2020] à 10:37

Exactly, a couple of months ago Yann acknowledged (in a Twitch talk with Tric Trac, a huge boardgame channel/portal in France) that designing, publishing and marketing a board game are three distinct jobs. He also said that they might have underestimated the importance of marketing and that it's not something that they're exceptionally great at. Hence, the reorientation to focusing on designing their war games and narrowing the scope (they sold the Age of Towers and Kharnage IPs).

I feel HoBR could have used a lot more promotion, support and marketing to keep it popular. You need more than just releasing a new line of expansions. I think extra scenarios could help people playing this game instead of just going through the (10-16) official scenarios once and then forgetting about the whole system.

Heroes of Stalingrad can unfortunately go the same way, but luckily it integrates with Heroes of Normandie. HoS got released with a vast delay and there's little to no promo after the initial release… At least from what I see on English-language media. A few fast-made videos on YouTube by reviewers (who often mess up rules), and once the dust settles, games get forgotten easily. The market is very saturated so the extra promo is important.

Anyhow, the focal point today is keeping the company rolling and the reissue of Heroes of Normandie will be a main focus because it's seen as DPG's flagship product/range.

B-Movies is an older concept, which was designed years ago. Kolossal Games runs the campaign and does all publishing. Yann and Clem 'just' designed it, as that's what I understood from what Yann told me. They've done this before with other designs like Boufbowl.

I would also love to see more content for the Warhammer 40K product line as I thoroughly enjoyed HoBR.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Make More Armies! Posted on [28/11/2020] à 09:25

Do we have any idea about when GW license would expire?

Pages: 1