Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ?
When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ? Posted on [08/09/2020] à 18:20

I'd like to buy the new Stalingrad set along with its expansion, which is today labelled as "Sold Out"… Then… I'd like to ask you when it will be reprinted.

How much time does it take to reprint it ?

And again… Why you will release a new core set of the game set in Normandie instead of a newer one set in Stalingrad, or the eastern or african fronts with also italian troops ? Or – maybe – a newer set but regarding the Pacific front, with US Marines and Japanese troops ?

When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ? Posted on [08/09/2020] à 21:28

I doubt you’ll see a reprint outside of a new kickstarter. Which I doubt you’ll see until every part of the current Kickstarter is fulfilled.

And the new core set of the game is the v2 update of Heroes of Normandie. Heroes of Stalingrad is a different product stream altogether. Heroes of North Africa/Med would be an entirely separate product as well. The impetus is to put this update out so all of the current HoN content is updated and fully integrated into the current v2 status that Stalingrad holds

When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ? Posted on [12/09/2020] à 06:27

Quote from Jjmclachlan on [08/09/2020] à 21:28

I doubt you’ll see a reprint outside of a new kickstarter. Which I doubt you’ll see until every part of the current Kickstarter is fulfilled.

And the new core set of the game is the v2 update of Heroes of Normandie. Heroes of Stalingrad is a different product stream altogether. Heroes of North Africa/Med would be an entirely separate product as well. The impetus is to put this update out so all of the current HoN content is updated and fully integrated into the current v2 status that Stalingrad holds

It sound "nonsense" for me… I don't see the point you are "promoting"… May you explain it better ?

When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ? Posted on [16/01/2021] à 17:21

I don't see the point you are "promoting"

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ? Posted on [16/01/2021] à 21:04

They are reprinting the Heroes of Normandie core box because it is sold out and therefore preventing new players from buying into Heroes of Normandie. If new players don't join, then no one is going to buy the rest of the Heroes of Normandie products they still have in stock, and the company may go bankrupt.

Additionally, without printing more core boxes, the number of Normandie players is fixed (i.e. cannot grow), which limits the value of Devil Pig Games developing future content for Normandie.

And note: they could have simply reprinted the V1 core box without spending effort on upgrading the visuals to V2. But I think it was a smart decision to upgrade the visuals — it looks way nicer, will hopefully interest more new players, and they said they are able to provide more content (ex: airplanes) because they are more experienced at cramming content into the punchboards.

When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ? Posted on [16/01/2021] à 21:05

A reprint of the Stalingrad Battle Pack is planned.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ? Posted on [17/01/2021] à 11:02

Until now, I didn't even know there was a Stalingrad Expansion.

I saw the Battle Pack in the contest but didn't know that it was an official buyable expansion.

Very strange, I'm on this website everyday and thought that I knew what DPG was selling but somehow I didn't find the Battle Pack in the shop. 🙁

Somehow I seem to have overlooked it, very sad.

It's really not easy keeping track of the releases but I'm still hoping for the Discord that got announced and I really hope bartdevuyst is right and a reprint is planned.

When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ? Posted on [17/01/2021] à 20:08

Quote from Quickle on [16/01/2021] à 21:04

They are reprinting the Heroes of Normandie core box because it is sold out and therefore preventing new players from buying into Heroes of Normandie. If new players don't join, then no one is going to buy the rest of the Heroes of Normandie products they still have in stock, and the company may go bankrupt.

Additionally, without printing more core boxes, the number of Normandie players is fixed (i.e. cannot grow), which limits the value of Devil Pig Games developing future content for Normandie.

And note: they could have simply reprinted the V1 core box without spending effort on upgrading the visuals to V2. But I think it was a smart decision to upgrade the visuals — it looks way nicer, will hopefully interest more new players, and they said they are able to provide more content (ex: airplanes) because they are more experienced at cramming content into the punchboards.

They can go bankrupt if they start to do as GW does… In fact I see plenty of "expansions" sets that could be sold at lower prices and / or be put inside core boxes too… I mean… They sell plenty of "one platoon only" stuff at 15; 20 or 30 euros and that can cause customer to flee away from the game… Then making them go bankrupt… I think.

They should concentrate on making less products but taking care of the core gamers they have… Pointing on adding more players constantly… Not aiming on "stealing" out their pocket money only… Which is the policy that more or less we see in the before mentioned company… Where each product is incrisead in its price from time to time and is not reprinted… Or such…

When will be reprinted the Stalingrad expansion set ? Posted on [17/01/2021] à 20:19

Quote from Beatofen on [17/01/2021] à 11:02

Until now, I didn't even know there was a Stalingrad Expansion.

I saw the Battle Pack in the contest but didn't know that it was an official buyable expansion.

Very strange, I'm on this website everyday and thought that I knew what DPG was selling but somehow I didn't find the Battle Pack in the shop. 🙁

Somehow I seem to have overlooked it, very sad.

It's really not easy keeping track of the releases but I'm still hoping for the Discord that got announced and I really hope bartdevuyst is right and a reprint is planned.

It is more a "double face product" rather then being a simple or mere "expansion"… I mean… Whoemever already owns the other products in the range can buy/consider it to be as a Heroes of Normandie expansion set. While the other guys can consider it to be an entry level set or core box set to be bought if they want to enter the Heroes System gaming community or start their collection from that point onwards or such things…

It is up to every single person, I suppose… I consider it to be a Heroes of Norm. expansion set… Since I own more or less everything that range of prodcuts can offer today… Unfortunately I dislike the "non reprinted Out of Stock" issues that I could not buy after I entered the hobby of wargaming / boardgaming and collection… And I find that policy kinda irritating and frustraiting. I also find that some of the DPG games or exps sets do cost too much (expecially if you want to have a complete collection of everything, as I do) and could be "smoothed down" and filed from that point of view… I mean… There are WAY TOO MANY expansions sets that are just made of a single spure with a single platoon into them and their cost is 15 or 20 % higher than what I deem acceptable. I also think that such types of expansions (which mostly came out from the Kickstarter "world" or "community" or "pledges") could instead be added into the core sets from the very beginning…

But that is just my opinion…

I mean… I dislike the fact that today EACH single game has to have expansions… I mean… If they did invented Monopoly/i today they would have made the two decks of cards that come with it two separated expansions… Or they would have sold each pawn or die into that game as a single expansion "made for Kickstarter bakers"…

What hateful thing…

It makes people think to exit the hobby or to go and buy something else…

Pages: 1