Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Topic About Black Reach Core Set English
Topic About Black Reach Core Set English Posted on [12/07/2020] à 14:52

Hi folks,

how are you ? I hope fine…

I'm here asking for an info…

Someone of you can tell me if or when the Core Box of Black Reach in English will be reprinted ?

Or if it will be printed into Italian ?

I own the Core Box of Heroes of Normandie in Italian… Why the Stalingrad and the Black Reach Boxes are not localized too in italian ?

Topic About Black Reach Core Set English Posted on [12/07/2020] à 16:21

I think the localization of core boxes (and expansions) depends on the interest of local partners in Italy. If I remember correctly, the Italian (and German as well, I think) translations aren't done by Devil Pig Games.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Topic About Black Reach Core Set English Posted on [13/07/2020] à 04:20

That is how I understand it. I was of the impression that other languages beyond English and French were not generally being done.

That being said, since GW is involved it might not match the normal expectations for a DPG product, so I could be way off base.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Topic About Black Reach Core Set English Posted on [14/07/2020] à 17:08

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [13/07/2020] à 04:20

That is how I understand it. I was of the impression that other languages beyond English and French were not generally being done.

That being said, since GW is involved it might not match the normal expectations for a DPG product, so I could be way off base.

Thanks alot for the reply…

But, however, it seems strange to me to sell a core boxed set of Heroes of Normandie in Italian (the copy I own is like so) and then avoid to produce and sell also the other boxes and sets of expansions such as Stalingrad or Black Reach, if you want to play HoN in a WH 40K universe… Localized in a language of sort, could it be Italian, Spanish, Dutch or German alike…

In my opinion it should be done a localized version in Italian, at least, of the core set of Stalingrad…

Even if I have not problems with english I'd like to have a collection of core sets localized into my own language…

Dunno if you get the "point"… I hope so.

Topic About Black Reach Core Set English Posted on [14/07/2020] à 17:17

I understand your desire for an Italian core set.

It all depends on the interest of local partners. If those partners in Italy (or any other market) have no interest, there will be no translated version, I'm afraid. It's up to them, not DPG, because it's the local partner that's doing the investment, not DPG.

Most likely, Devil Pig Games will never take the risk of printing 2000+ core boxes of HoBR or HoS in a different language than French or English (the main selling languages), especially when they're not sure absolutely certain about getting them all sold. It's financial risk management, and dead stock is a huge financial risk.

Most European game companies sell translations of products originally released in a different primary language. Portal Games does this for the Polish market, 999 Games and White Goblin for the Dutch market, Matagot and Iello for French speakers, … you know who they are, and it's the same for the Italian market.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Topic About Black Reach Core Set English Posted on [14/07/2020] à 22:51

Back when the original HoN core box was printed (in 2013), there was an Italian company willing to do a set of HoN core boxes. They did not elect to follow on with any later set of products, unfortunately, so that is all there is.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages: 1