Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Looking for help playtesting a scenario
Looking for help playtesting a scenario Posted on [26/05/2020] à 10:58

I'm looking for guinea p… err volunteers to help balance a scenario.

I'm trying to adapt the trap mechanics from "Napoleon's Triumph" by Simmons Games to a HoBR Scenario, because I always loved this design idea (switching victory conditions based on reinforcements to recreate the "trap" of the weak right flank)

So far I have a first draft map, a name "The Sun of Orksterlitz" , (Yeah, I have spent way too much time on that) and did a few solo runs, but I 'm afraid of confirmation bias.

It's a two step process:

I need the starting position to be " signigicantly unfair", but not so much that the SpaceMarines have no chance. I'm going for a 80/20 success rate in favor of the Orks.

When I'm happy with this, I will add the reinforcements rules and rebalance it the other way.

So if anyone has too much free time on their hands, I'd be happy to have some input.

Looking for help playtesting a scenario Posted on [26/05/2020] à 11:17

Well, I own everything that has appeared for HoBR, so I propably have everything needed to play that scenario?

I mean, if I'm gonna take the time in the weekend to playtest the new light vehicle rules for HoN, I might as well playtest your scenario also.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Looking for help playtesting a scenario Posted on [26/05/2020] à 18:15

Here's a quick & dirty PDF if you want to take a look.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dOs-er084ZXs0ep5k1yy4CKBSwkHv0uM/view?usp=sharing

The main constraint is that a leaderless Scout unit must hold the right flank while the rest of the Spacemarines defend Left and Center.

The Orks have both position and army size advantage, but will lose unless they hold 2 out 3 objectives by the end of turn 6.

The Orks SHOULD win this one, statistically, but I want the Marines to have some hope to win with a bit of luck (otherwise, they'd call the reinforcements everytime).

The full scenario will have the option for them to bring in reinforcements once the Orks have commited to an assault (but then THEY will need to capture the objectives)

Looking for help playtesting a scenario Posted on [27/05/2020] à 21:55

Quote from Colhammer on [26/05/2020] à 11:17

Well, I own everything that has appeared for HoBR, so I propably have everything needed to play that scenario?

I mean, if I'm gonna take the time in the weekend to playtest the new light vehicle rules for HoN, I might as well playtest your scenario also.

New rules about vehicules in Heroes of Normandie ? May you tell me more about that ? May you explain me where to find them ? Or write them down here so I can add them to my games / manuals / scenarios (I've to buy also the Compendium, but I wait for a "revised and up-to-date" version; since I don't want to find myself in the position where I buy the actual one and the day after DPG releases the version 2.0 of those rules compendium!!!).

Looking for help playtesting a scenario Posted on [27/05/2020] à 22:47

Look at the thread « Full Throttle » on the HoN forum.

It’s only a proposed change, not an official ruling yet

Pages: 1