Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
[WIP] Full Throttle
[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [28/05/2020] à 00:17

This is what Full Throttle will look like when used in HoS. 😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wnCkYcu5_s

Edit: Can't figure out of how to properly embed video on this forum. 😥

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [28/05/2020] à 01:23

Quote from bartdevuyst on [28/05/2020] à 00:17

https://youtu.be/6wnCkYcu5_s

Fixed that for ya 🙂

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [28/05/2020] à 13:59

You have to differentiate light vehicles again by the value of the armor. Vehicles up to armor 5 can be played with the full throttle marker. These are usually not troop transporters (Jeep and / or Zündapp etc.). Vehicles from value 6 (light armored vehicles) the modular system is to be used. I think that this combination makes sense and you generate a light armored vehicles and integrate them into the game differently than before.

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [29/05/2020] à 00:41

Quote from Alex81 on [28/05/2020] à 13:59

You have to differentiate light vehicles again by the value of the armor. Vehicles up to armor 5 can be played with the full throttle marker. These are usually not troop transporters (Jeep and / or Zündapp etc.). Vehicles from value 6 (light armored vehicles) the modular system is to be used. I think that this combination makes sense and you generate a light armored vehicles and integrate them into the game differently than before.

I like this middle ground approach. With just full throttle, transport vehicles were getting the short end of the stick. With modular damage, motorbikes and the like would be unrealisticly strong. I did notice that zundapp and the jeeps have 7 movement. 7 movement is a better representation for full throttle and a clear cutoff for modular damage. To go that fast you have to lose your armor, so the 4/5 defensive value would also work. I dont have anything outside of WW2, so I do not know what this would impact in shadows or HoBR.

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [29/05/2020] à 01:19

Quote from bartdevuyst on [28/05/2020] à 00:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wnCkYcu5_s

Edit: Can't figure out of how to properly embed video on this forum. 😥

Here is an HD version of the concept 😉

https://youtu.be/k-iUj-Br2Bs?t=294

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [29/05/2020] à 07:10

Quote from Afatman on [29/05/2020] à 00:41

I like this middle ground approach. With just full throttle, transport vehicles were getting the short end of the stick. With modular damage, motorbikes and the like would be unrealisticly strong. I did notice that zundapp and the jeeps have 7 movement. 7 movement is a better representation for full throttle and a clear cutoff for modular damage. To go that fast you have to lose your armor, so the 4/5 defensive value would also work. I dont have anything outside of WW2, so I do not know what this would impact in shadows or HoBR.

Oh maybe I wasn’t that clear ^^

With the modular damage I was referring to medium vehicles like hslftracks, m8, puma etc. for me light vehicles like jeeps should stay with the current damage system

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [29/05/2020] à 08:07

Quote from evilSpike on [29/05/2020] à 07:10

With the modular damage I was referring to medium vehicles like hslftracks, m8, puma etc. for me light vehicles like jeeps should stay with the current damage system

Yes, that's exactly how I see it and would be a good demarcation.

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [29/05/2020] à 09:14

I really like this approach. It should also be possible to implement those rules without any reprints which was an requirement.

I think I ll like to playtest this on the weekend 🙂

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [29/05/2020] à 14:31

Yes please test it and I suggest you use the damage tokens from 1 to 4 and 5 & 6 is destroyed directly.

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [31/05/2020] à 23:13

Quote from evilSpike on [29/05/2020] à 07:10

Maybe I wasnt clear. I was suggesting everything with 6 or more armor would have modular damage (halftrack, puma, m8 and the like). everything with 7 or more movement could use Full Throtle (jeeps and bikes).

[WIP] Full Throttle Posted on [01/06/2020] à 02:46

Quote from Afatman on [31/05/2020] à 23:13

Maybe I wasnt clear. I was suggesting everything with 6 or more armor would have modular damage (halftrack, puma, m8 and the like). everything with 7 or more movement could use Full Throtle (jeeps and bikes).

I'm really liking this idea. For the modular damage, I think we could use the Green damage set from Heroes of Black Reach:

1-2 = Immobilized

3-5 = 2 Suppressed Markers

6 = Destroyed!

Or Yellow:

1-2 = Immobilized

3-4 = 2 Suppressed Markers

5 = Primary Weapon Destroyed (i.e. the only weapon for light vehicles)

6 = Destroyed!

Full Throttle

A unit receives a Full Throttle marker when it moves 5 or more spaces during its Movement Action, without passing through the same space twice.

I think 5 movement spaces is too few, considering the M5 Stuart and Panzer Luchs heavy vehicles from the Core Box both have 5 movement. So maybe 6 or 7 movement would be a better number.

The following units also have 5 movement, and I'm on the fence about whether they should be able to get a Full Throttle marker:

* Der Tote (SoN – Core Box)

* Stormboys (HoBR – Core Box)

* Assault Marines (HoBR – Ultramarines Reinforcement)

These units have 5 movement, and feel it's fair for them to have a Full Throttle marker, although I think they should have more than 5 movement in the first place (they are flying super heroes!!):

* Captain Justice / Evil Anja (SoN – Guardians' Chronicles)

* Cougar Spirit (SoN – Shadow Hunters)

Pages: 1 2