Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
V1-V2 gameplay
V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [14/05/2020] à 19:32

From what I gather reading here and from Barts response to me on bgg, the ONLY component changes between V1 and V2 are smaller, more focused decks, and artillery and aircraft counters instead of cards. Everything else is just rules changes found in the compendium. I saw there was a change to gear affecting heroes, does the v1 sets have a different color banding system, or is it identical to v2?

I was originally planning on buying some components from someone to add to my HoS set, but I recently sold a bunch of games, so am considering just buying his collection of all HoN content. Before I do this I want to check how easily I can get my components to v2.

First off, can the decks be changed in their current iteration to be in line with the v2 decks? And secondly, is there an easy way to proxy the aircraft and artillery as if they were v2 so you don’t have to seed cards in a deck? I imagine artillery is easy, just proxy counters as the artillery counters and use the template as usual. I haven’t seen the aircraft cards though. Could you just leave them displayed and use the aircraft the amount of times indicated?

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [14/05/2020] à 21:31

If you have the Compendium book, you have rules for everything V1 to play with V2. I cannot think of anything you cannot use from V1 to V2.

You could even use the V1 decks (with planes and artillery cards) on one side against V2 deck on the other side.

I have been able to use everything I own (and I own everything) in the game by using the Compendium rules set. Stalingrad does not need the Compendium as it is V2 already.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [14/05/2020] à 21:35

New style V2 artillery comes with some of the expansions (SS set, US 4th AD and British Desert Rats sets). Iirc the Pointe du Hoc also included new style artillery.

We are stuck with the aircraft cards until HoN V2 comes out, though. The germans can use Stalingrad planes, but US and Brits do not have anything like that. You could use the russian planes to tide you over, though.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [14/05/2020] à 22:14

Colhammer you’ve been such a huge help. Thanks for all the info. I’ve been LOVING Stalingrad and Black Reach. Can’t wait to receive the entire back catalog in the mail next week.

Also you can bet I’m doing an Ultramarines vs Russians scenario ASAP

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [14/05/2020] à 22:22

Two questions to follow up:

1. Have any rules come out since the compendium?

2. LRDG!? I just checked desert wrath. I had no idea SoN had historic units. Are the GE and commonwealth desert units total usable with HoN?

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [15/05/2020] à 07:22

Quote from Jjmclachlan on [14/05/2020] à 22:22

1. Have any rules come out since the compendium?

Heroes of Stalingrad 😉

2. LRDG!? I just checked desert wrath. I had no idea SoN had historic units. Are the GE and commonwealth desert units total usable with HoN?

Of course, although they have a sand background on the tokens rather than the usual verdant one.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [15/05/2020] à 07:47

Yes, the SAS patrol is a nice unit.

The german Desert unit is part of the Black Sun occult group, so it is not historical unit, but a pure SoN.

The sand maps might be of limited use for HoS as I don't recall many deserts in the russia… 😛

But then again, the sand maps are great extension for HoBR, I think. The ground is different coloured than in the HoBR maps, but it could represent areas of the planet that are less polluted (i.e. farther away from the hive cities)

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [15/05/2020] à 09:30

I have to say I am really happy with the current compendium. I bought a HON box when it was first released in Germany and the rulebook was "challenging"

It gave me a really hard time which made it difficult to bring the game on the table. Everyone in my group said "It's such a great game….but the rules"

We played through most of the scenario boxes for HON. HoS is about to arrive soon and there is still a lot of SoN content to be played.

Sometimes we even try free game with a bolt action'ish order system. Instead of putting the orders on the unit we draw em out of a bag. It actually works and is a nice change.

So I hope my post isn't too much off topic. Just wanted to tell the people at DPG that the game has come a long way (not only content wise) and it is one of my favorites now.

so long…

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [15/05/2020] à 09:35

Thanks for sharing, Fuzzymancer.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [15/05/2020] à 10:15

@Fuzzymancer: You can modify the heroes system pretty easy if you want that.

I stick to the rules as written, but threat the Heroes system as a really big sandbox, with all of the various games mixed in one big pile of goodness…

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [24/05/2020] à 17:24

Quote from Colhammer on [14/05/2020] à 21:35

New style V2 artillery comes with some of the expansions (SS set, US 4th AD and British Desert Rats sets). Iirc the Pointe du Hoc also included new style artillery.

We are stuck with the aircraft cards until HoN V2 comes out, though. The germans can use Stalingrad planes, but US and Brits do not have anything like that. You could use the russian planes to tide you over, though.

Hmm I got desert rats and can’t seem to find any artillery counters in it?

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [24/05/2020] à 21:24

The brits definetly have V2 style artillery available. If it didn't come with the Brit Armoured division set, I'm not sure which set it came with then.

I thought all of the three armoured division sets (US, Brit, German SS) came with the new style artillery.

But it has been long time since I punched out those punchboards…

V1-V2 gameplay Posted on [24/05/2020] à 21:28

I checked the shop and it had pictures of the Brit 7th AD a.k.a. Desert Rats set. It does have the artillery option in it.

Pages: 1