Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Are Character option tokens usable by either side? And why Search symbols on back?
Are Character option tokens usable by either side? And why Search symbols on back? Posted on [14/05/2020] à 18:13

@Nostradunwhich, hoping you can help.

Hey Bob, since you have posted the sticky with the question about the white stripes for options for Characters, I’m hoping you may able to add some clarity to a related question.

My questions is whether those Customizations with a white stripe can be used for either side, Russian or German, or is there any sort of unilaterality to the items. Specifically, I’m referring to those Customizations on the punchboard with a blue-green border/coloration that have what appears to be a search symbol a la SoN on the back.

The Customizations I’m referring to are from the HoS expansion boards HoSta-BP1-04-OD-HoSta-010 including Knife, PPSH, MP40, Urban Fighter. Or from the KS board 011 with the snipers and aircraft, options like Grenade, Grenade, Heroic, Opportunistic Fire. The Grenades even have different artwork, but mechanistically act the same.

I’m asking because I’m punching and storing in the storage system, trying to figure out if these Customizations should go in a drawer with Characters assigned to one faction or the other or if they belong in a “shared” drawer of game elements so that either side may draft.

Btw, why do they have Search symbols on the backside of the tokens?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Terminology: Used the term “Customizations” instead of my original term “options” because it is more accurate.

Are Character option tokens usable by either side? And why Search symbols on back? Posted on [14/05/2020] à 18:20

Customizations with white stripes are cross-faction. Heroes/Characters in all factions have slots with white stripes.

The green customizations are from Shadows over Normandie.

You can store them with your characters, if you like, it's all a matter of preference. Shadows over Normandie, and the Level Up expansion has a ton of Customizations, hence the inclusion of dedicated sticker in the SoN storage system.

The Search icon on the back comes from SoN as well, as there's a search mechanic which lets you draw customizations from a draw bag.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Are Character option tokens usable by either side? And why Search symbols on back? Posted on [14/05/2020] à 21:05

Thanks, Bart.

So these Customization tokens are universal, not specific to the Russian Characters or German Characters? Each one could be assigned to a German Character in one session, but the very same token could be assigned to a Russian Character in another? In contrast to the Veteran recruitment option, for instance, which has designated recrutment tiles that are designated by color bands and bordering that there are “German Veteran options” and “Russian Veteran options” (despite the fact that they mechanistically do the same thing)?

If true, I guess as far as storage, then, they should be stored in a “neutral” drawer to indicate that either side may use them. NOT stored in my German Characters drawer (or my Russian Characters drawer).

Are Character option tokens usable by either side? And why Search symbols on back? Posted on [14/05/2020] à 21:22

Exactly, Customizations are cross-faction, while Character Traits are not. You can do whatever you want with the Customizations, swap'm in each battle, as long as they're only used in a slot with white stripes on the side.

Like you said, Veteran, a Character Trait, exists in a version for each army. Note the colored stripes, matching those of each army.

Some customizations, completely cross-faction, no matter the weapon's origin, for example.

Shadows over Normandie had a sticker for Customizations, as well as the Civilians Under Fire storage box, but that's sold out. The WW2 storage boxes from last year also have stickers for Customizations, but these are also sold out already. It's the sticker with the magnifying glass.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Are Character option tokens usable by either side? And why Search symbols on back? Posted on [14/05/2020] à 21:28

“ Exactly, Customizations are cross-faction, while Character Traits are not.“

Omg, that reply was absolute gold, answered everything for me. Thanks so much! I’ll watch for the next P500 campaigns to catch up my storage boxes!

Pages: 1