Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Missing Units or Misunderstanding?
Missing Units or Misunderstanding? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 03:37

So I'm punching out my HoS and I'm wondering if there are a few missing parts. In the Panzergrenadiere there seems to be an missing a Fire Group. Is this intentional?

In the Aufklarungsabtelilung 40 also seems to be missing a Recon Group.

There are similar issues with a few Russian units as well.

I've checked the print proofs and they are missing there too. Is this because you aren't ever fielding all the units at the same time or are they just missing?

Missing Units or Misunderstanding? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 08:38

There isn't enough units to make every formation. Look at it as being short of man power and everyone has to fill a deal spot.

Missing Units or Misunderstanding? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 09:37

Hi Gritz,

This is a common question with new players. It's important to know that you cannot field all units at the same time because of Recruitment Tile limitations.

A Recruitment Tile has only two (or three for some Russian ones in HoS) slots for Support Options, but you'll see that there are more Support Options (three or four) than there are available slots. Luckily, you have enough units to field any possible combination that fits into the Recruitment Tile at the same time.

For example: This Recruitment Tile has two large slots for Support Options, on the far left and far right.

But you get three different Support Options.

Any combination of two of these three options can be made, but not all three at the same time… You'd have a lot of redundant/double units in case ALL units of ALL support options would be included, because you could simply not field them.

When you count the number of units on all Support Options and the Recruitment Tile together, you'll get to, in this example, thirteen units, expecting you'll find thirteen unit counters in the punchboards. However, in reality, you can only field ten units at the same time.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Missing Units or Misunderstanding? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 09:38

Your assumption that you are missing parts is likely incorrect. Did you have any missing tokens when you punched out the tokens? I think you would have noticed if that had been the case.

Is there any combination of forces you can build with the recruitment tile that is missing a unit?

If a particular recruitment tile only has two slots for support options, but all 3 available support options show a recon unit, you only need a total of two recon units to create any of the possible configurations of that recruitment tile and its support options. A third recon unit would be redundant in that case, would it not? Wouldn't it be more efficient to provide only the minimum unit count needed to meet all build-able combinations?

Given there is a fixed number of punchboards in the core box, eliminating redundant units leaves more space for other things like gear, orders, etc.

Ninja'd by someone with graphics. Darn it!

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Missing Units or Misunderstanding? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 09:44

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [12/05/2020] à 09:38

Ninja'd by someone with graphics. Darn it!

We need a notification system that says 'Nostradunwhich's typing…' 😎

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Missing Units or Misunderstanding? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 11:02

Lol! Not only ninja'd, but ninja'd with Graphics, to boot!

Great gif, Bart! 😀

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Missing Units or Misunderstanding? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 19:07

I might have been first if I had not dug up the section from the unofficial product guide to quote before deciding it was a bit too obscure.

This does mean I likely need to do a FAQ for each product to cover things like this.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Missing Units or Misunderstanding? Posted on [13/05/2020] à 02:56

Thank you all! I'm all sorted out.

Pages: 1