Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg?
Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [03/04/2020] à 10:53

We are now over a year into waiting for the HOBR p500. There have been no updates, and dpg fail to answer any emails or messages about it. Have they used all the money to pay for the release of HOS? Will we ever see our product?

Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [03/04/2020] à 11:34

I look at the money as lost at this point.

The real issue for me is that this excellent game system is going to become yet another relic.

I have tasked my nephews with creating the new armies I want as fan made material because I do not think it will ever see official production.

With the pandemic problems in China it is very uncertain what and when things will appear from there. France is under lockdown as I understand so work on projects will be stalled.

It would be so good to hear some sort of an update once in a while. But the silence is not encouraging. It is not even about getting my stuff, but just finding out they are still active.

Even under lock down it would be nice if someone posted something on the forum.

Oh well, I got a lot of things and will enjoy them for some time to come.

I wish them the best and hope they can pull through this downturn.

Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [03/04/2020] à 12:11

DPG is active on the French forums, stating that they will deliver the preordered stuff for HoBR. It was also said that it will take some time, but it was promised to get delivered. Historically, DPG has delivered everything in the past, even if it took very long.

Unfortunately, the communication is rather slow or non-existent at times, but I'm confident stuff will get released, just at a very slow pace. In the French forums DPG stated that their cash flow is low, but that stuff will get released.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [03/04/2020] à 12:12

At the moment, i would be happy with an 80% refund, and some print and play files. I think its the very very least they could/should do to make up for their shortcomings

Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [03/04/2020] à 12:29

Also i cant really accept the cash flow excuse as these items have already been paid for in full. If the money has been used elsewhere then thats fraudulent and clearly a criminal issue.

I appreciate that the pandemic makes things difficult, but these should havd been in the final stage of production way before france went into lockdown.

The total refusal to communicate just makes me think they dont want to admit that they cant provide what was promised

Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [03/04/2020] à 12:38

I do understand the complaints and I would also be unhappy if I had subscribed the pre-order. Though it is better for the company to survive and deliver late than to collapse and never deliver.

I did not subscribe at the time simply because I was not aware about the per-order otherwise I would be in the same predicament.

As of now DPG is known for late deliveries, which is bad but not too bad.

I do hope the company will survive and end up producing Heroes of Valedor.

The main problem here is that they basically do not reply on the English language forums. On the French forums they are way more active and even though they do not disclose much they do at least reassure their customers.

Best,

Phileas Fogg

Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [03/04/2020] à 12:46

In my understanding, the cash flow issue is more related to the launch of Heroes of Valedor. I understood it had something to do with the Games Workshop license.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [03/04/2020] à 12:51

I certainly wont be preordering that one. Its one thing to reply on the french forum, but to completely ignore messages and emails, many of which were sent way before the lockdown is just piss poor. I wouldnt be surprised if gw started looking at pulling the license as it could start to loom bad on them

Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [03/04/2020] à 16:59

I do agree that not replying to messages from customers is poor customer relationship management. In some instances it might be difficult or even impossible to reply to all messages, but this does not seem to be the case of these forums where you get only a few messages per day at best and even less questions. Though it looks more like bead management than bad intentions.

A simple annoucement in the news section would probably have solved most of the issues.

It would be a pity for Heroes of Valedor as I am very keen on the Eldar army. Still, I do hope that the situation will improve that we will see both the missing pre-order and Heroes of Valedor by 2020.

Anyone else feel tbey have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [05/04/2020] à 05:54

Quote from bartdevuyst on [03/04/2020] à 12:46

In my understanding, the cash flow issue is more related to the launch of Heroes of Valedor. I understood it had something to do with the Games Workshop license.

GW does not allow a KS, so DPG has to come up with all of the money themselves. (Plus whatever the license arrangement requires?) That is going to be tough for DPG given their restricted release schedule. Best they follow their declared path of one product at a time, and hopefully the HoS fulfillment is coming to a close so they can start work on the next one.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [07/04/2020] à 11:22

During P500 was known DPG financial problems and lowering numbers of employes. I dicided not to support this P500 and buy core game with expansions from retail with posibility this game would not be allowed in future. I didnt risk order from online store not because postage to czech rep only. I think that year ago P500 suppoters must clearly know that, support this P500 is risky and its mainly to support company not to go bankrupt. Possible delay of this P500 for is no supprise, it was predictable. Year ago I thought that P500 will be delivered somewhere nearly next HOBr core box which would probably will be beter deal in financial and game terms and will be more clear if DPG survive than year ago.

The big question for me is what is Games workshop opinion. Have no idea about that, but they probably didnt allow licence if they know these future financial issues.

Nothing offence. I understand that DPG do what they can to survive and I gladly support next core box if able in preorder, if any, and I understand that DPG situation is not easy and delived could be probably delayed COVID or not.

First delived one game and than another is fair aproach and probably only one posibble with current number DPG peiple.

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [07/04/2020] à 11:53

I took part on both HoBR p500 and SoN p500 to support the company whose produces I liked a lot.

I knew full well at the time that both of those preorder campaigns would be delivered late.

DPG has had it's share of problems, but have now managed to deliver everything but the two preorders. I fully expect to get them both in due time (as long as DPG manages to stay afloat).

So no, I don't feel like I've been ripped off. I took the gamble with my eyes open.

Now, with the Covid running amok around the globe, I expect the two preorders will be even more late. I don't expect miracles from DPG at these trying times.

I hope everybody can stay safe and healty.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [08/04/2020] à 19:51

I've pretty much given up. Only popped back in here because I found an email they sent about a sale while naturally still out of stock for almost everything. I've been waiting for about two years now I guess to get storage boxes from the compendium KS, was told they didnt have that core box to send, even mentioned substitutes that would have been fine blah blah blah, everything came down to "We don't have it or it would cost too much to ship". Then I saw them make a delightful post about literally giving away products when they moved. Nice to see them literally giving away one of the products that we said would have been a fine substitute to what I had already paid them money for. It took a lot of work ust to get my money back from the Heroes card game, took forever for my P500 boxes to arrive (partially crushed from no packing) and still not getting the ones from forever ago. I think its time for DP to call it. Sell the game to someone better able to manage it, not have to constantly errata the tokens and can actually translate the game properly and deliver in a reasonable time. No amount of passion for the game justifies this level of customer abuse. Now with the pandemic I wouldn't expect anyone who paid for the HoBR stuff to see it for well over another year.

“Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets.”

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [10/04/2020] à 14:11

It seems they have now actually put someone in charge of communications. Ive finally actually got my money back for this. If the expansions andthe next game ever actually get to retail i may consider buying them, but will never pre order or buy directly through dpg again

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [11/04/2020] à 19:47

I hear a lot of people complaining, rightly or wrongly I cannot judge. and yes heroes of stalingrad came later as promised. but it came and looks fantastic! when I place an order it is usually delivered within a week in the Netherlands. I have no complaints and I will certainly support them. although I still secretly hope for a heroes or vietnam.

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [12/04/2020] à 05:20

As people have stated, it wasn't a secret they had financial issues. I also went in on the P500 SoN for support as much as liking the game. Sure, I'm not gonna dance for joy if I'll never get the stuff I paid for, but I'm nowhere near losing hope. Even without specifically searching for it, I know there's been plenty of issues delivering in the past and I wouldn't expect them to be able to rectify it when they have to cut staff.

Now, if we go this year without hearing anything about the P500, I'm a little concerned. Hopefully everything goes well with the new KS on April 28th!

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [12/04/2020] à 17:54

Delays and issues do happen. It would be better if everything would run by the clock but it is not always that easy. Overall DPG delivers. They may take their time, due to various well known problems they have faced and are still partially facing, but they do deliver.

I do buy from their website and orders do arrive within a few days. I never had a problem with direct orders.

KS or P500 I do have to try but I do know they might face unexpected problems. Some six years ago I joined a P500 for Wellington in India. The game has been cancelled, I did not spend a penny, am somewhat annoyed at the decision but cannot fault the company. It happens.

As of now I am looking to get HoN2, the HoBR bundle, once it reaches the webstore, and in future Heroes of Valedor. Due to my interest in their good products I am trying to help the company to stay in business by both buying myself their games and introducing friends to them. In the long term it should pay the best dividends.

Yours,

Phileas Fogg

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [15/04/2020] à 17:06

Just popping in celebrating my 1 year anniversary buying the HOBR bundle…. 😡

Hopeful one day I will get the actual Bundle… 😥

“For the Lion!”

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [24/04/2020] à 14:43

I remember feeling ripped off back when I pre-ordered HOBR in the beginning. Everything got delayed more and more. And I had also backed the HoN cardgame and I had ordered HoN stuff. I was sure they had just ran off with my money.

But eventually – one by one, stuff started arriving. Some half a year over time, others more then two years overdue, but it all arrived. Everything I had paid for arrived eventually. It just took helluva long time.

My view on my orders now is – I know I've ordered it and I look forward to it arriving. When will that be? No clue- it'll get here when it gets here and I feel pretty confident that it will in fact, eventually get here.

It will take time, but I am sure it will arrive eventually. If you can't wait, then you can always ask for refunds. The more you relax about it, the less frustrating it is.

This has been my mantra when buying from DPS – and though it is less then ideal, I will keep buying from them because I love what they make and I want them to keep making it.

Anyone else feel they have been ripped off by dpg? Posted on [24/04/2020] à 15:46

Quote from djxDRewan on [24/04/2020] à 08:36

Well, if HOBR p500 is available now, what do you guys want in the upcoming HoBR P500?

I really want Imperial Guard for Black Reach.

HoBR P500 was never delivered to me. Did some people get theirs?

Guard are my most wanted faction. My nephews are working on a fan-made version.

Pages: 1 2