Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Custom Map: Battle of Cologne
Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [14/02/2020] à 23:00

hey guys,

this time i wanted to share the battlemap where "Festung Deutschland" and the 3rd Armored Division will face each other.

The Scenario will follow in the next days but for now i just wanted to share the map with you guys

Spoiler :

(Spoiler tag added by moderator)

like always feedback is always welcome 😀

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [15/02/2020] à 02:44

Please edit your post and include a small resolution image so that this post can load properly. The image is huge and takes a long time to load.

Please link to the full-size image.

It is rather unusual to see a paved battleground 🙂

What is the map size 2×5?

Looking forward to seeing the scenario to get a better idea of where this is taking place and what is going on.

What is your intention with this map? To have people play it? What is print resolution? How big will the map be? It looks huge.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [15/02/2020] à 08:07

It seems I can't even load up this map… It remains in the small size we see here in the post… Gosh…

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [15/02/2020] à 13:20

Quote from slyfox on [15/02/2020] à 02:44

Please edit your post and include a small resolution image so that this post can load properly. The image is huge and takes a long time to load.

Please link to the full-size image.

It is rather unusual to see a paved battleground 🙂

What is the map size 2×5?

Looking forward to seeing the scenario to get a better idea of where this is taking place and what is going on.

What is your intention with this map? To have people play it? What is print resolution? How big will the map be? It looks huge.

the map size is 2,5×3,5 and is based on the arnheim 1944 map

based on A4 paper print you should be able to just print it and put the parts together to have the right size. but i will later bring an updated version where you will have each part printed on a A4 page

im also thinking about the dome cathedral to be a seperated printing object but just to get you a feeling how big it is, i have to split it into 2 A4 pages 😛

btw, the cologne towers are modular and the higher you are, the more attack value you have.

i will start working on the written scenario next week

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [15/02/2020] à 21:19

Likely it is your image storage service, but the map is presenting at 72DPI (screen density) and 4793×6613 pixels.

At 300DPI printing density, that map shrinks to 16 inches by 22 inches. Apologies for those on the metric system, I am not sure the print density in metric. The results convert to 40.5mm by 56mm (very roughly).

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [16/02/2020] à 11:56

From the map, what is the way to go up to the towers ?

I see only one stairs in the church.

Coudalaportiere

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [18/02/2020] à 08:36

Quote from coudalaportiere on [16/02/2020] à 11:56

From the map, what is the way to go up to the towers ?

I see only one stairs in the church.

Yes the stairs are the place for the first tower and the 2nd one is above.

When the scenario is ready you will finde a picture for this as well

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [18/02/2020] à 09:48

You did a great Job. Looks Nice!

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [23/02/2020] à 19:14

Updated first post with the scenario.

There are 3 possible scenarios and i hope you will have some fun with them. ofc im looking for feedback and improvements

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [23/02/2020] à 21:27

pfff am looking forward to unfortunately no time for now. have already started making your us troops. but as soon as I have played a game I will let you know.

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [25/02/2020] à 03:34

Looks like some serious work went into making this scenario. Thank you for sharing.

I would love to play it one day but as it is, there are too many new units not from the game. Maybe this can turn into printed expansion.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [25/02/2020] à 14:55

I love the map, awesome work !!

Finally some nice place to use the train 😎

patreon.com/hawawark

Custom Map: Battle of Cologne Posted on [28/02/2020] à 11:04

Quote from slyfox on [25/02/2020] à 03:34

Looks like some serious work went into making this scenario. Thank you for sharing.

I would love to play it one day but as it is, there are too many new units not from the game. Maybe this can turn into printed expansion.

Thanks for the flowers.

Sadly i can’t offer you a printed version, but if enough ppl are interested devil pig games could adept this for a mini expansion. Or we could (at least the map) it print as gaming mat. But i guess we would need a few more ppl who would like to get this

Anyone knows a good company who offers custom gaming mats?

Pages: 1