Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3 4
First P-500 news?
First P-500 news? Posted on [13/09/2019] à 15:15

Here comes the pain. 😯 😕

I paid $81 CAD for shipping to Canada and now there is an invoice from DHL for $77

For $158 I can probably ship a container.

Maybe I should have been content with a $10 Plano box and $5 zip lock bags 🙂

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

First P-500 news? Posted on [13/09/2019] à 15:52

Customs can be a real pain.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

First P-500 news? Posted on [13/09/2019] à 18:32

That sucks Slyfox 🙁

I got my order ^_^ @nostra or maybe @bart The stickers in the german army box contain some errors. Infantry symbols on light vehicle shields. Are these known errors or new ones? Shame if they could not be fixed for the p500 since they got made fresh for this p500.

First P-500 news? Posted on [13/09/2019] à 21:19

Quote from JanHoos on [13/09/2019] à 18:32

I got my order ^_^ @nostra or maybe @bart The stickers in the german army box contain some errors. Infantry symbols on light vehicle shields. Are these known errors or new ones? Shame if they could not be fixed for the p500 since they got made fresh for this p500.

Without seeing the stickers, I am a bit unclear from your description. Maybe Bart will have a clearer idea?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

First P-500 news? Posted on [13/09/2019] à 22:04

Quote from slyfox on [13/09/2019] à 15:15

Here comes the pain. 😯 😕

I paid $81 CAD for shipping to Canada and now there is an invoice from DHL for $77

Wow. That seems ridiculous. I don't know the tariff laws in Canada, but it sounds like you are getting slapped with an import duty of some kind?

As for the cost of shipping, It has really started climbing lately. There are multiple reasons for it, including international shipping agreements and such, however, the discussion of such have no place in these forums. You can look into it yourself if you want.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

First P-500 news? Posted on [14/09/2019] à 01:12

Quote from slyfox on [13/09/2019] à 15:15

Here comes the pain. 😯 😕

I hear ya Slyfox… but to be fair to our gov't, the biggest hit comes from the brokerage fees. Yeah, there is HST, but when you look at the receipt from DHL, the amount of the actual tariffs and taxes is small compared to the brokerage and other ancillary fees from the shipping companies. But yeah, it still hurts.

I'm curious why yours was so high… My P500 DHL fee was $37. I ordered from the World Ship. Did you order from the US shop? I've noticed that for some (unknown, and very strange) reason that when I've ordered from DPG's US store, the brokerage costs were waaay higher than ordering from the world store. (The difference between your $77 and my $37 could also be related to the value/size of our orders. I only got a couple of extra battleground boxes, 2 each of German and US boxes, and 4 new generic boxes. If you got a ton more, the value goes up, and so therefore do the taxes, tariffs and brokerage amounts)

Something to consider for you for future orders. If you're in TO, you're not too far from Niagara Falls NY. There are a ton of post office box / ship to US address type places just over the bridge. You could get shipping there, then make the hour or so drive out, enjoy a day in the falls, and only have to pay the HST when you bring the items back to Canada (just make sure to declare them! It's not worth it trying to pull a fast one at the border). I haven't used the US boxes in a while, but they're generally a great option. You just have to math out the cost of gas, your time, bridge tolls, and the couple bucks to use the box to make sure it is actually worth it.

Alternatively, next time there is an order, we could see if a couple of Canucks want to go in together and split shipping. The only downside of that is proximity for picks, or costs for domestic shipping. I'm about 5 hours away from TO, so would have to be Canada post shipping once it got here, which might still be more expensive and too much a hassle.

First P-500 news? Posted on [14/09/2019] à 07:57

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [13/09/2019] à 21:19

Quote from JanHoos on [13/09/2019] à 18:32

Without seeing the stickers, I am a bit unclear from your description. Maybe Bart will have a clearer idea?

Here’s the two errors:

https://imgshare.io/image/XbHXK

https://imgshare.io/image/Xb05S

Theres purple shields with the infantry icon and yellow shields with the infantry icon

First P-500 news? Posted on [14/09/2019] à 09:31

Hi Jan,

I also have those purple infantry icons on my older stickers. I don’t know if it’s an error, it could be, but I always figured the purple was there to indicate the larger amount of vehicles in those groups. I might be wrong.

First P-500 news? Posted on [14/09/2019] à 14:29

Quote from bartdevuyst on [14/09/2019] à 09:31

Hi Jan,

I also have those purple infantry icons on my older stickers. I don’t know if it’s an error, it could be, but I always figured the purple was there to indicate the larger amount of vehicles in those groups. I might be wrong.

Mechanized Infantry?

Without the whole sheet, I am forced to ask: Is there any light vehicle icons on the whole sheet? That would be a half-track in a light vehicle shield, IIRC.

Unfortunately, since I am a bit color challenged, I cannot tell Light from Heavy Vehicle shields by the color. They both look the same to me.

First P-500 news? Posted on [14/09/2019] à 15:22

@CDN_VTach

It is true, my order is big. I blame @Bart for it 🙂

– 7 Battlegrounds storage box

– 8 WW2 storage boxes

– 6 GE storage boxes

– 5 US storage boxes

– 1 Battleground set 2

– 1 Battleground set 2

– 1 Lord Lovat’s Commandos

I just have to suck it up and endure the cost of the hobby. Travelling to Niagara is possible but not worth it. Combination of time (back and forth) and fuel is worth more than the DHL fee.

I hope that HoS will come without any fees as the Kickstarter page states Canada Friendly shipping.

First P-500 news? Posted on [14/09/2019] à 16:06

Jan, I checked all stickers with purple infantry shields, and it looks like I’m right. All of these drawers contain mechanized infantry. Half-tracks and jeeps for the Americans. Sdks for the Germans.

I don’t think this is an error, but just a double layered identification for what’s inside a box.

First P-500 news? Posted on [14/09/2019] à 16:54

My box arrived in NYC. I no longer have overflowing FFI boxes. Some of them are now quite spacious.

First P-500 news? Posted on [15/09/2019] à 19:41

Quote from bartdevuyst on [14/09/2019] à 16:06

Jan, I checked all stickers with purple infantry shields, and it looks like I’m right. All of these drawers contain mechanized infantry. Half-tracks and jeeps for the Americans. Sdks for the Germans.

I don’t think this is an error, but just a double layered identification for what’s inside a box.

Ooooh!! That’s clever! Thanks a lot for checking

First P-500 news? Posted on [16/09/2019] à 11:33

Quote from yann on [12/09/2019] à 17:04

Quote from e_ba on [12/09/2019] à 16:46

Hello. Will they be available in the inventory of heroes of normandie p500? es. storage etc.

yes normally from Monday but there is very little stock. :mrgreen:

Hi, what time around?

First P-500 news? Posted on [16/09/2019] à 22:06

Quote from e_ba on [16/09/2019] à 11:33

Quote from yann on [12/09/2019] à 17:04

Quote from e_ba on [12/09/2019] à 16:46

Hello. Will they be available in the inventory of heroes of normandie p500? es. storage etc.

yes normally from Monday but there is very little stock. :mrgreen:

Hi, what time around?

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/shop/?source=fr

First P-500 news? Posted on [18/09/2019] à 03:16

Mine finally arrived!

And they arrived partially crushed…

That's probably going to be it for me, folks. At least until they can get themselves sorted out and back into retail.

“Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets.”

First P-500 news? Posted on [18/09/2019] à 03:49

Mine arrived triple-wrapped in bubble wrap, but then I had a relatively small order.

Can you be more specific about the damage?

First P-500 news? Posted on [18/09/2019] à 07:24

Slyfox, find out where your local Canada customs clearing office is (because you will have to go there and fill out a form) and tell DHL that you are going to self clear the package. They will send you info on how to do this in a couple of days. Games and toys aren't subject to duties, that is entirely DHL adding a fee for clearing your parcel.

Here is one article about it..

https://citroenvie.com/how-to-avoid-upsfedex-canada-brokerage-fees/

My dealings with self brokering have been that I haven't had to pay a dime.

First P-500 news? Posted on [18/09/2019] à 07:43

Quote from Kingprawn on [18/09/2019] à 07:24

https://citroenvie.com/how-to-avoid-upsfedex-canada-brokerage-fees/

My dealings with self brokering have been that I haven't had to pay a dime.

That is a really helpful piece of information! Thanks for providing that!

First P-500 news? Posted on [18/09/2019] à 19:52

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [18/09/2019] à 03:49

Mine arrived triple-wrapped in bubble wrap, but then I had a relatively small order.

Can you be more specific about the damage?

It was the shrink wrap that did it! Whoever wrapped it severely overtightened it, caved them in at the middle of the boxes. I took out the storage trays and tried to pry the first two gently back into shape but they're still wonky.

“Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets.”

Pages: 1 2 3 4