Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate
Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [24/02/2019] à 19:03

I strongly suggest that DPG reviews again this ccenario. As it is it is unwinnable for the Space Marines. Reasons:

1. The large map. If you do not have flying infantry or Scouts you need a transport which eats up at least 45 points. The transport vehicle likely won't survive turn 2, so any guns on it cannot be taken into account.

2. The Ork Boss is a beast. He has the advantage over a Space Marine in close combat and if you put him in cover you need at least a 9 to hit him. So a normal Space Marine needs a 6 to shoot him. Add to this that the Boss has a 4+ Armour save it is very unlikely that he will be put down unless he faces a large Space Marine Force, which cannot be mustered with 300/350 points.

Unless you roll some very very lucky dice the Boss will survive.

I am sure that this scenario was not playtested thoroughly. We played it 5 times and the Space Marines did not stand a chance.

I suggest that you add +100/150 Points to the Space Marine Force.

But we need an official revised Scenario update.

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [24/02/2019] à 22:56

Hmm. How about post your army list? Hard to give advice if we cannot see your intended battle array.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [26/02/2019] à 23:42

Were you able to win the Scenario as the Space Marines? If so, what was your army list?

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [27/02/2019] à 00:22

Just because I am the moderator and experiences in HSTS rules does not mean that I have played every scenario ever made. I prefer free-play to scenarios in any case.

But there are a lot of HoBR players here, so offer a list and let people offer suggestions to fix it.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [27/02/2019] à 01:22

Scout Squad + LSS

Vanguard Squad w/Jump Packs + Attack Bike

Bro Malcian or Bro Probian w/Relic Blade

Ignored other Orks, focused on the Warboss

I admit it would depend on how the Orks were set up and what they took. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Fix Post

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [28/02/2019] à 06:37

But there are a lot of HoBR players here, so offer a list and let people offer suggestions to fix it.

I would also add that it would be helpful if we knew what the Ork player took. I actually think 300 or 350 points can get you a good Marine force.

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [28/02/2019] à 07:47

TOW2marine, to be fair, I agree that #6 favors the Orks and if the Ork player is good it could be even harder. I do think though that the Marine player could give them a run for their money. And if the Marine player does not loose sight of the real goal, kill the boss, they can pull a win out once in a while. :mrgreen:

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [21/12/2020] à 11:38

Played this scenario twice. My opponent had really intimidating lists (she changed the list to differentiate things between the 2 games).

I really think it's an unbalanced mission.

And while I can suffer unbalanced missions because the narrative has the priority in a campaign I really think it was a REALLY BAD idea to give sudden vicotry for whole campaign to the orks.

Sudden ending should happen when the faction is the underdog, not the other way around!

This scenario could be fixed giving sudden win to Ultramarines, or adding 50-100 pts to marines.

Personally I would get rid of sudden victory prize.

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [21/12/2020] à 23:09

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [24/02/2019] à 22:56

Hmm. How about post your army list? Hard to give advice if we cannot see your intended battle array.

Scenario # 6 Face Your Fate Posted on [22/12/2020] à 07:26

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [21/12/2020] à 23:09

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [24/02/2019] à 22:56

1st match:

Tactical Vorolanus + Rhino + Grenades + Predator

Telion + Predator annhilator

TOT: 485

Strategy: mechanized advance able to withstand incoming fire and unleash sure shots against orks.

AGAINST:

Uzdrakh + Tankbustas +è Lootas + Nobz + 2 killakans

2nd match:

Tactical Vorolanus + h.bolter + rhino + b.Prabian

Assault Ixion + melta bombs

TOT: 485

Stategy: multiple attack vectors and melee marines to slay some orks

AGAINST:

Uzdrakh (kustom force field) + DeffDread (evil suns) + mek gun (bad moons) + Freebooterz (boss) + 2 killakans

The impression I got was that Astartes sorta have-one-trick pony to win: move the "metal box" containing the Tacticals at least two-thirds of the map, while orks have a full array of options to make it explode or to pin it down.

If rhino is destroyed (not a hard task!) then is gameover: marines have no chance to reach the warboss in good numbers to be a threat.

Also, it's very easy for the orks to deny victory turtling the warboss: 7 defence + 1(or2) terrain bonus + kustom force field….and maybe a card like the one that revives him when wounded or the "take a supprresion to deny a wound" cards.

I'm ok with "unbalanced" missions when playing for the narrative (and a campaign is narrative-first IMO), but giving the orks such an easy chance to sudden win the whole campaign was not the best choice.

Sudden victory should be reserved to the underdog, and orks are not the underdog here, I'm afraid.

For the ones who have won with the marines, how your game went?

PS: I haven't considered choosing scouts for they lack of fire-on-the-move (and this is a running mission) and the fragility of their dedicated transport.

Also orks have a good array of dakka-dakka units that are worth taking when defending and those would easily outgun scouts.

PPS: the only way I envision to invert the underdog situation would be a surprise strike with Drop Pods, but it's not an option (yet).

Pages: 1