Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Luc Lo Pan Rules
Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [24/11/2018] à 18:34

Hello,

Where can I find the rules to play Luc Lo Pan. Do the cards that came with Cthulhu Mythos #2 replace the cards in Shadows over Normandie?

Help!

Thanks

Mario Martinez

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [24/11/2018] à 20:27

The Mythos deck is a new faction deck. So you would use it when playing an army with a Mythos focus, instead of using the Black Sun or Deep Ones decks. The Mythos deck is a bit "tailored" to the Mythos army, so it is a bit different from the other decks.

As to Lo Pan, I am not sure what you mean. All his powers are listed in the SoN rulebook. Can you be more specific about your question?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [25/11/2018] à 07:33

actually you answered my question. Thank you!

Mario Martinez

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [26/11/2018] à 10:24

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/cthulhu-mythos-call-2-livret-de-regles/

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [21/03/2021] à 07:25

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [24/11/2018] à 20:27

The Mythos deck is a new faction deck. So you would use it when playing an army with a Mythos focus, instead of using the Black Sun or Deep Ones decks. The Mythos deck is a bit "tailored" to the Mythos army, so it is a bit different from the other decks.

As the release of this item, CM #2, was several years ago it appears to be practically unavailable now. The lack of a custom deck for the Mythos characters is annoying. Does anyone perhaps have a text list of the actual cards included in that deck that they could share? Realizing a majority of the cards are similar to others in the SON set; knowing what the others are would be helpful. In particular, what are the several variant cards and what is its that they actually do?

I arrived late to this game and have enjoyed it but finding certain elements to enhance the game are very difficult to obtain. Any info anyone has would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [22/03/2021] à 03:36

The Pigs Back from Hell kickstarter is just now fulfilling. I don't know if there will be any decks left over, but if there are there are some very interesting options for SoN in that kickstarter. So keep an eye on the DPG store to see what becomes available for order.

Edit to add: The majority of the decks are the same between all factions, although they differentiate a bit more than the HoN decks, for thematic reasons.

2 Bogged Down

4 Burst Into Action

2 Communications Scrambled

2 Courage

1 Elder Defiance*

2 Fall Back

2 Ftaghn!

1 High Command

2 Hit the Dirt!

2 Initiative

1 Madness

1 Offering of Blood*

1 Opportunistic Fire

1 Return to Sender

1 Ritual Sacrifice*

2 Rush*

3 Second Chance

2 Sigil of Blood

1 Sneaky Shot

1 Speed Setup

2 Suicidal Devotion*

2 Surprise!

2 Terror

2 Thank the Hood

1 Unholy Inspiration*

1 Unholy Retribution*

2 Waking Nightmare*

2 Weak Point

2 Worse then Imagined*

* Faction Cards

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [22/03/2021] à 20:20

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [22/03/2021] à 03:36

Edit to add: The majority of the decks are the same between all factions, although they differentiate a bit more than the HoN decks, for thematic reasons.

1 Elder Defiance* (Seen the text on this one card in the only picture this product ever shown.)

1 Offering of Blood*

1 Ritual Sacrifice*

2 Rush*

2 Suicidal Devotion*

1 Unholy Inspiration*

1 Unholy Retribution*

2 Waking Nightmare*

* Faction Cards

Thanks for your quick reply on my question regarding the Eldritch deck list. I can assemble a make ship deck if I knew what the copy/text was on the 7 Faction Specific Cards (listed above) that are unfindable it seems anywhere.

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [22/03/2021] à 20:42

While I am willing to discuss the card list (and do quote sections of text to help clarify a rule from time to time), I am not comfortable sharing text for those cards so that you can (as you have stated) create copyright-violating copies of those cards. Sorry. Hopefully you can understand that.

I fully understand your frustration, and I am very sorry you are having so much trouble getting cards for a game you obviously enjoy and whose enjoyment I share. In the meantime, you can use any other deck, since there are only a few "flavor cards" difference between the decks.

Furthermore, I will be forced to remove any posts doing the same. I feel that is my responsibility as moderator for the forums. Please do not push this as I don't want to have to take action against people violating a copyright.

If DPG wants to allow it, I am more than happy to change that policy.

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [22/03/2021] à 20:58

I understand your reluctance to post the card text on those 7 Eldritch cards. Thanks for the list at least.

I just figured it was worth asking about them. Mainly since I missed the original Kickstarter options and shelled out $30 on the Cthulhu Mythos Call #1 which implements a whole new Faction. Of which would benefit from the variant deck.

It's not like I am intending to publish 7 cards for a semi-dead game item and make a profit off of it. So, no I'm not pushing the issue. I was merely asking as many publishers after a 5 plus year period of not republishing such items leave it for their followers to scrape what is available to use their on out of date product.

Thanks tho!

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [23/03/2021] à 19:57

The product is currently for sale in the Shop, so it is hardly out of print.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/product/cthulhu-mythos-call-2-eng/

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [23/03/2021] à 23:16

Residing in the US this would run $75 US, it ain't worth it to me… for the 7 new cards offered in the expansion.

Luc Lo Pan Rules Posted on [24/03/2021] à 00:41

Any other deck will work perfectly fine. The vast majority of the cards are the same, although the mix is a little bit different. There is nothing earth-shattering about the "faction" cards in any one of the HSTS decks. Use the Deep Ones or Black Sun and play the game.

You can always take the Mythos faction as allies in a Black Sun or Deep Ones army as well. War being the strange place it is, there might be a reason to have them in the Majestic army.

Pages: 1