Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[WIP] look at new Airstrike system
Work in Progress look at new Airstrike system Posted on [05/04/2018] à 17:52

Hey Folks,

The last stretch goal of the HoS campaign revealed that DPG is working on a new way to handle Aircraft in HoN/HoS.

Now, I am sure a few folks have noted that this has a KS Exclusive logo on it… Axel has said that DPG is considering how to make this new system generally available, so sounds like there is an expansion in the works to handle it. We will see what comes of the development this year I suppose.

Oh, and nothing in that teaser is final, especially not the art. That is just something to make the teaser for the SG.

For those not familiar with HoBR rules, here is how the basic Aviation mechanics work:

When you take the recruitment option for aircraftthe cost is "SP" because you pay for the Aircraft you want.

The Aircraft you have stay "off board" unless you use an Order token to have the plane attack.

Clem has discussed a rough-out of the mechanisms for AAA under the new system (link here):

Rules for anti-aircraft (may change a little bit):

We use the AAA special ability for both AAA guns or vehicles and airplane fighters.

If the unit doesn't have the AAA special ability:

- It can shoot an airplane only if the airplane has an order token (even a Bluff)

- It suffers from the long range penalty (-2)
- It must not have a limited range special ability
- If the unit is a Heavy vehicle, it must use its secondary weapon

If the unit has the AAA special ability:

- It can shoot an airplane even if the airplane doesn't have an order token

- It doesn't suffer from the long range penalty (-2)
- AAA units don't have a limited range special ability
- If the unit is a Heavy vehicle, it may use its primary weapon
- If its AAA special ability has a bonus, it adds it to the dice result

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[WIP] look at new Airstrike system Posted on [05/04/2018] à 18:21

Cool beans!

I 'm really excited by these new rules and option counters. I foresee using the air support way more than before.

Take my money already!

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

[WIP] look at new Airstrike system Posted on [29/05/2018] à 21:36

The new airstrike system looks great. I am looking forward to seeing more detail. I like the idea of being able to purchase different aircraft tiles.

Who can resist cool looking aircraft tiles! I suspect I will be adding this to my HON collection.

[WIP] look at new Airstrike system Posted on [12/01/2023] à 06:28

Quote from Lewster55 on [29/05/2018] à 21:36

The new airstrike system looks great. I am looking forward to seeing more detail. I like the idea of being able to purchase different aircraft tiles.

Who can resist cool looking aircraft tiles! I suspect I will be adding this to my HON collection.

I prefer somehow the old method: where airplanes where not units but mere cards to add into your deck… The aerial assaults where less mechanic to perform and resolve and required less maths then the actual method… Which seems rather involuted and not so quick to solve… If you think to the most recent scenarios and such…

Pages: 1