Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
Space Marine chapters?
Space Marine chapters? Posted on [17/03/2018] à 14:39

Quote from Eclo on [17/03/2018] à 13:22

Quote from LionSaurus on [17/03/2018] à 11:39

Wait – so does that mean Imperial Fist will come with their own order tokens and dices? SO with the Eagles Gate release we would actually have all we need to start playing four players? Ultra Marines, Ironfist Marines, Orks and Chaos Space Marines?

Seeing that the Space Marine tokens are blue with an Ultramarines symbol on it it would be nice to have bright yellow tokens and dice (Imperial Fists do have their pride)

But 4 players ? I don't know. My guess is that the Imperial Fists will be a substitute for the Ultramarines, not a separate player army (just like the Panzer-Lehr and Falschirmjager are to the German Army)

My guess is the 4th player (with full deck of cards) will be the Imperial Guard or Mechanicum.

This part is easy. We've done it before. We treated Panzer-Lehr as its entirely own army and just made the regular german army nearly twice as big and shared that deck between two players. As long as we get tasty looking Imperial Fist dices and order tokens and enough Imperial Fist units to play on their own. Already looking forward to Eagles Gate xD

Would love to get a look at a sample chaos space marine unit, just overly curious what they will look like =3

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [17/03/2018] à 15:43

*** The following is entirely speculation. I have no inside knowledge ***

A second Space Marine chapter (especially one of the more "focused" chapters) would be like the Commonwealth armies in the WW2 setting. The CW gets their own cards, so I could see a second Marine chapter getting their own cards. I don't know if the Imperial Fists will be a faction that rates their own deck, but certainly a chapter like the Blood Angels would 🙂

To speculate even farther, since most of an action deck is the same with only a handful of "flavor" cards setting the tone, maybe a different Space Marine faction could just release the set of "flavor" cards to swap into the core deck to play the other faction? Again, that is just wild speculation on my part.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [17/03/2018] à 16:35

imperial fists for the win baby

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [17/03/2018] à 20:37

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [17/03/2018] à 15:43

A second Space Marine chapter (especially one of the more "focused" chapters) would be like the Commonwealth armies in the WW2 setting. The CW gets their own cards, so I could see a second Marine chapter getting their own cards. I don't know if the Imperial Fists will be a faction that rates their own deck, but certainly a chapter like the Blood Angels would 🙂

To speculate even farther, since most of an action deck is the same with only a handful of "flavor" cards setting the tone, maybe a different Space Marine faction could just release the set of "flavor" cards to swap into the core deck to play the other faction? Again, that is just wild speculation on my part.

This would be great! But even if it doesn't end up being, its always possible to make it work as long as Imperial Fist have enough unit counters to be its "own" army (the dice and order tokens are always a lovely touch though xD).

@Nostradunwhich – Could possibly be something similar to Pegasus Bridge? Eagle Gate scenario? But then you wouldn't get full armies for neither Chaos Space Marines (CSM) nor Imperial Fist. Not sure how likely they would make Imperial Fist their own "army box", but I assume CSM would get one. Hmm. Thoughts?

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [15/10/2018] à 15:00

Good thumbnail histories of the various Space Marine Chapters!

One of the neat things about the Warhammer 40K setting is the amount of work that has gone into the creation of the history for it.

However, I do agree with several of the posts here that the folks at Games Workshop have lost customers over the years due to the constant 'updates' in rules and miniatures.

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [09/01/2019] à 00:17

Just heard about the Heroes of Black Reach and was curious. I like the idea as I can see the rule set easily working with the 40k game concept.

On a personal note, I would much rather have had the Dark Angles as a second chapter, but I can also see where it would have been a great idea to have the Eldar and Chaos as the next two factions.

In any case I am getting side tracked. I wanted to say well done giving the short intros to the various Marine and Chaos chapters. Good job folks.

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [24/05/2020] à 22:48

I'd love for them to do the Deathwatch "Chapter". Since that special unit deploys Space Marines from throughout the Imperium. The could be equivalent of the FFI for HoN.

For a more "standard" chapter, I'd love the Salamanders.

I really hope they add the Tyranid and Tau as "baddies".

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [25/05/2020] à 15:27

The next 40K core box was supposed to be Eldar vs. Tyranids…

Not sure if/when DPG can get around making that now. I was looking forward to it.

Hope dies last.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [27/05/2020] à 18:05

Quote from Colhammer on [25/05/2020] à 15:27

The next 40K core box was supposed to be Eldar vs. Tyranids…

Not sure if/when DPG can get around making that now. I was looking forward to it.

Hope dies last.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [27/05/2020] à 18:50

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [17/03/2018] à 15:43

However… Commonwealth army in HON is the same as the US ones… With just a very little few diffrences in cards and / or units…

DPG decided to sell it separately for capitalistic issues… And marketing / income related stuff… But they should have very well opted to sell them along with the USA troops in the same box, instead of making 2 out of them… They could have opted to add maybe some Italian troops too and some campaign or scenarios set in North Africa or in the Balkans… So to allow us to use also italian troops…

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [29/05/2020] à 09:39

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [27/05/2020] à 18:50

However… Commonwealth army in HON is the same as the US ones… With just a very little few diffrences in cards and / or units…

DPG decided to sell it separately for capitalistic issues… And marketing / income related stuff… But they should have very well opted to sell them along with the USA troops in the same box, instead of making 2 out of them…

That is a fairly large leap in logic. Adding more material to the core box would have added a lot to the overall cost of the core box. That, in turn, would have impacted core box sales. Never mind there was not a lot of space in the box for more punch boards, so that would be a bigger box with all the follow-on cost increases for both making and shipping the box.

For a counter-point, the CW army boxes sold a lot slower than the US and German army boxes. Assuming the same number of CW army boxes were printed to begin with, that STILL points to the UK army box not selling as well. Only the folks that either really wanted the CW forces or completionists picked the box up. But the boxes had to be held in the warehouse for a long time before the last of the boxes sold. That is a lot of extra cost over the course of the products "life" until it is finally sold.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Space Marine chapters? Posted on [30/05/2020] à 13:09

I'd love to see more Space Marine Chapters added, but adding other races first to diversify armies will hopefully be next, even just adding the planned Eldar and Tyranids as they have a completely different feel from Orks and Ultramarines.

Was a Dark Angel player back in the day but I'd also like to see more Ultramarines, I remember back in the 90's when GW commissioned complete Ultramarine Chapter, all 10 companies with transports, supports and a never before seen Thunderhawk Gunship in lead….. come on Devil Pig Games you've given us a couple of squads, only 95ish more to go 😉

If at first you don’t succeed, use a bigger gun

Pages: 1 2