Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Errata #3 Minor Error
Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [17/03/2017] à 00:45

My Resupply order arrived earlier in the week. I've been going through the Errata boards to get everything where it needs to go. Towards the end, I noticed that my Panzergruppe recruitment tile had the French instructions for punching the tiles printed across the middle of the recruitment tile. Not a huge deal but a bit disappointing since it's replacing a misprinted tile with another misprinted tile, though it is playable.

Did any one else get this or did I win the lottery?

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [17/03/2017] à 06:16

I don't have the product as I elected for single wave shipping. However your friendly neighbour hood moderator Nostra did chime in some weeks ago mentioning this issue. So I don't think your alone and from what I gather from Nostra's post single wave shipping will likely also have this error.

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [17/03/2017] à 12:17

Mine as it too, i got my resupply about a month ago, plus the art on the German airborne cards from the pack has a big misprint on them. Thet forgot to put the white border going around the German symbol in the middle of the card

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [17/03/2017] à 18:58

I do not have any concrete statement one way or the other, but usually all copies of a given item are printed at the same time — since the printing machine has to be "set up" to print the material. Granted, these says everything is digital and swapping is easier, but it makes sense.

There are opposing factors such as storage fees for materials printed earlier but that are waiting for later material before they are shipped out, so there may be a chance the master image is changed, but I just would not count on it.

Remember: Tracer rounds work both ways!

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [20/03/2017] à 18:47

Concerning the Errata board, a last mouse movement after the last verification and the error occured 🙁 It is like this for everyone.

Concerning the German airborne cards, I don't understand. They're is no mistake on my pictures:

Community Manager Devil Pig Games

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [20/03/2017] à 19:34

Here is my core deck versus paratroopers.

Core to the left.

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [20/03/2017] à 20:17

wow…

I take a look at my cards and the same problem here. The Shield has a texture in the borders that the new cards doesn't… O_O

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [20/03/2017] à 20:59

All this means is that if a player looks at the backs of your cards he/she knows how many paratrooper cards you have. I've not got mine sleeved so not a problem. But…

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [20/03/2017] à 21:48

Quote from littleidiot on [20/03/2017] à 19:34

Here is my core deck versus paratroopers.

Core to the left.

Oh dear. So, is your Core box from the original KS? I wonder if this is a "first printing" issue?

Edit to add: Confirmed. Since I have one of each set I just checked and the backs are different between the original KS and the reprint. Took this long for someone to notice.

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [20/03/2017] à 21:51

I am sure I will trigger someone when I say this, but if you use sleeves with an opaque back, that problem is solved. You know, like the ones supplied by DPG.

If these were MtG sized cards, that solution would be simple. I am just not sure if other opaque-backed sleeves sized for HoN cards exist.

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [21/03/2017] à 10:15

That's right, we have never seen it since 2014 (we made the last reprint in Summer 2014). Sorry for that 🙁

Before anyone asks, we haven't enough card decks/deck boxes to replace all of the first print core boxes 😥

Community Manager Devil Pig Games

Errata #3 Minor Error Posted on [21/03/2017] à 16:18

Quote from Axel on [21/03/2017] à 10:15

Before anyone asks, we haven't enough card decks/deck boxes to replace all of the first print core boxes 😥

Well, you only need to worry about the decks of 1st edition boxes where the purchasers actually buy EVERY expansion 🙂 That is at least a subset, but many of us are the more dedicated players so the majority of the 1st KS backers are likely affected.

However, I have an arts-and-crafts solution. People could cut up a set of opaque squares. Then just sleeve the German deck and slip a square into each sleeve to cover the back. You just need enough squares for the entire deck. You don't need to paste them on, just slip them in the sleeve 🙂

However, what would be cooler would be a PDF of German card-back art in a grid. It would use more ink but would look better 🙂 Note I have not said "make a set to back the Airborne cards only" because unless you can get the corners to match it will still be obvious when you have an Airborne card versus a regular card, not to mention the card would be a bit stiffer since it has an extra layer. By inserting a cover in each sleeve, the sleeved cards keep a consistent look and feel.

Simpler would be a set of sleeves with opaque backs, but that does not seem to be too popular outside of "Magic: the Gathering" and "Yugioh" players. Anyone else have info on opaque backs that fit HoN cards?

Pages: 1